sara_zeitchik

Kitchen island Lighting

Jessica C.
5 febbraio 2019

My kitchen island is around 4 feet by 6 1/2 feet. Would 3 pendants be too much for this size island or does it more depend on the size of the pendant I am using?

Also, for remaining kitchen lighting, I assume spots on the perimeter of the cabinets is the way to go? How much space should be between each spot?

Thank you!

Commenti (2)

• 2ManyDiversions

Amanda, many would say only 2 pendants for that length island, but frankly it really does depend on the size of the pendants, and personal style/taste. Our island will only be another 1-1/2 feet longer and I am most likely going with 3 (not overwhelming) pendants as I want lots of light.

Typically speaking, approx 3 feet give or take between each can light would be standard. You don't mention if this is a new build or remodel so keep in mind, you may have to get a bit creative with locations if it's a remodel and you've got rafters in the way.

How far out from the cabinets is something I won't get into Frankly there are varied opinions. I do hope you are including under cabinet lighting.

Jessica C. thanked 2ManyDiversions
  • PRO
    Razzetti Italy

Depending from the sizes of the pendant. But i think 2 pendant would me enought with that kitchen island size. or one rectangular chandelier would be good. Here some picture in attached

Jessica C. thanked Razzetti Italy
Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Continuando, accetto che il gruppo Houzz utilizzi cookie o tecnologie simili al fine di ottimizzare i suoi prodotti e servizi, fornirmi contenuti rilevanti e personalizzare la mia esperienza. Per saperne di più.