Houzz Logo Print
louwalker70

Need to make my lounge room more peronsable

Lou Walker
9 anni fa
This room is our second lounge room. There is no tv, the pianolo has to stay as its a family heirloom. Its an open plan area with the kitchen/eating area to the left of the room. I would like suggestions as to where and what style of side tables to put in, the coffee table can be updated. the child's table can be removed. The lounges can easily be re-arranged. Any ideas would be truly appreciated as I am truly fed up with this room, it feels really cold. I don't want to paint the walls as its only 5 year old house.

Commenti (16)

• PRO
    Iris Furniture
    9 anni fa
    Absolutely. First off definitely dress up those bare walls. Thos. Baker presented some solid ideas, just make sure whatever you choose has some warm tones. Something that integrates some yellow along with reds would be ideal. Next, try to free up some visual clutter by removing the decorative pieces from on top of the piano. And a larger modern lighting piece in the corner would be wonderful in this space. Just a few tweaks and you can have a really stunning space here!
    Lou Walker ha ringraziato Iris Furniture
  • PRO
    Whispar Design
    9 anni fa
    Also, if the budget allows, consider adding ambient lighting (i.e. table lamps, floor lamps, etc.) The overhead lights can be harsh at time and don't always fit the mood.
    Lou Walker ha ringraziato Whispar Design
  • PRO
    Thos. Baker
    9 anni fa
    Lou...unless your little one likes to play at the child's table while you're lounging, I would take it out. Take everything off the piano, except the 3 statues and lean the artwork that's currently sitting on the keyboard behind the 3 statues at the center.

Next, how about a cool floor lamp on the left side of the piano where the child's table was. Also, on either side of the sofa where the two small lamps are -- are there tables under those lamps? You need tables and much larger table lamps in those two spaces!

The coffee table and area rug look to be in good shape. I think your main issues are wall art and lighting, as stated above. A quick little tidy of the blankets and pillows on the sofas and the various nick-nacks and I bet your lounging room will feel very good!

Christi, on behalf of Thos. Baker
    Lou Walker ha ringraziato Thos. Baker
  • jannnnn
    9 anni fa
    could you move the sofas alittle closer to the coffee table or away from the wall to cozy it up - your carpet is a tad small for the area- however moving the sofa up will help achieve a cleaner look- and save money by not buying a bigger carpet- I agree some art work above the sofas would work and keep them low about 6-7 inces higher- i was thinkina arched or big dipper type lamp might look cool cb2 or west elm have nice ones- the piano looks a little lost - posibly a book shlef on the other side or 2 floating shleves above the kids desk and brinbg down the 3 ornaments on the piano and do your displayin the book case or shelves- One other point if you take your throws on the sofas and have them draped over the arm with a pillow in fron will give a finished look and again give a nice finished look- i like the art work lou suggested good color!!
    Lou Walker ha ringraziato jannnnn
  • abbyjean
    9 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 9 anni fa
    I would love to see the chair over in the window corner to the right of the piano.....I hope it fits there and that it is a chair I am seeing in the pics. Then slide the couch down that is on that wall and move the other one across from it. That will open up the window, which I love!!! Maybe the child's table could go behind the couch if you prefer it stays. Place the rug between the two couches and show us another pic.

Love the art propped on the piano, but I agree that it needs to hang over the piano. I would take the three tall pieces on the top and group them together and hang the picture beside them. I realize it might not be centered that way, but if you prop it first, we can see if it looks ok like that.
    Lou Walker ha ringraziato abbyjean
  • PRO
    Menage Interiors
    9 anni fa
    Definitely a big piece of artwork - pop of colour with either teal, charteuse and not too serious - the room is very fun and youthful!
    Lou Walker ha ringraziato Menage Interiors
  • abbyjean
    9 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 9 anni fa
    The red accents are GREAT in this room and love that the art ties in with it. Hang more red on the big wall behind the couch and maybe consider some curtains/drapes.
    Lou Walker ha ringraziato abbyjean
  • PRO
    Decorotuambiente
    9 anni fa
    Hello! A bigger lamp ( floor lamp) in the corner, absoluty agree :a big art element on the wall.
    Move the small table or but another one near the right side sofa.(Window side).
    Agree moving sofas .

Best wishes!
    Fiorella
    Lou Walker ha ringraziato Decorotuambiente
  • PRO
    Decorotuambiente
    9 anni fa
    You can move yours kid table near the Window . ...
    Lou Walker ha ringraziato Decorotuambiente
  • PRO
    Vancity Electric
    9 anni fa
    From an electrician, I would put a dimmer on those pot lights. Also if you could get angle trims for the pot lights that would direct the light away from the middle of the room to the walls / art work that would help a lot too.
    Lou Walker ha ringraziato Vancity Electric
  • PRO
    Jeremy Strack
    9 anni fa
    These prints by Studio EL would help create a more 'complete' look. Good luck with it.
  • PRO
    Artfuly
    9 anni fa
    It's screaming for art! For original, unique and affordable artworks delivered door to door see Artfuly.com
  • PRO
    Artfuly
    9 anni fa
    I can't see if your cushions are red or pink, but the other stand-out colour is the bright green. Try clicking those 2 colour boxes on artfuly.com and perhaps use the size sliders too, to see what comes up for that back wall I see in your photo. Some white also may be good if the walls are an off-white.
  • Melbourne44 Melbourne44Musk
    8 anni fa

unless you are skilled go to IKEA for art or blow up children's photo portraits to A3 size and frame them from Ikea. Get rid of children stuff in a cane basket or similar.

• User
    8 anni fa

Old thread.

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".