Houzz Logo Print
sarah_corkwell

How was this bench constructed? What material was used?

Sara Sota
10 anni fa
Shower Benches · Maggiori informazioni

Commenti (2)

• PRO
    Floor and Bath Design
    10 anni fa
    Hi Sarah,

You got it! For cleaning purposes it's a lot easier to scrub one grout line rather than 200 little ones. Also for the installer, cutting a long 36" tile to a slope is easier than nipping every little piece of marble and glass mosaic. Every picture on here looks perfect but it has to BE perfect in person and that's why this bench is amazing. You wouldn't have the same clean effect if that bottom piece wasn't there.

As for materials, this was custom made to fit this enclosure as the Wedi Sanosa benches cost a fortune and were too long. We first checked different sonnet tubes so that the mosaic's grout lines wouldn't constrict or contract too much on a certain radius. So the 8" tube was used for continuous ribs, then was filled with the heavy duty hard expanding foam over top of a 2x6" stud & 3/4" plywood construction so the steamer unit could fit under it. Once the foam was shaped it was skimmed with 1/4" of thin-set mortar, installed and waterproofed. Then tiled with love :)

If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask.
    Warm regards,
    Michal
  • k Nocoletti
    8 anni fa

What is the tile on the floor and walls please?

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".