Houzz Logo Print
arb152

Kitchen Island

arb152
10 anni fa
Ultima modifica:10 anni fa
We are building a new home and our cabinet designer sent us a drawing of a 39" x 6' island with a place for two seats at the end and side, next to each other; rest will be cabinetry and our prep sink. The granite where the 2 seats will be, appears to just hang over the wood base and I do not like the look; it seems unfinished. I suggested either legs or a panel; he will do it but really does not want to...suggestions for a great island? My Kitchen will be 14.5 x 14 in this section and 14 x 11 in the table/dining area, so 14.5x 25 in total. Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Commenti (4)

• PRO
    Modern Family Kitchens
    10 anni fa
    Send in some measurements and we'll take a look. It's hard to offer ideas without more data but we'd be happy to do so.
  • Rachel H
    10 anni fa
    How about corbels?
    Divine Kitchens LLC · Maggiori informazioni
    Loudoun Kitchen 5 · Maggiori informazioni
    arb152 ha ringraziato Rachel H
  • PRO
    Creative Visual Concepts, Kevin Strader
    10 anni fa
    I vote for corbels too. We had an overhang on our island and we had corbels, painted satin black added. You can see them under the overhang.
    arb152 ha ringraziato Creative Visual Concepts, Kevin Strader
  • arb152
    Autore originale
    10 anni fa
    I suggested these, too! When I looked at the drawings for my kitchen design, felt the granite overhang looked unfinished -- as if the granite was too big for the counter, rather than designed that way. I hope I am seeing this properly! Nice to get feedback--thank you. Since it is a custom build, I just feel that I want to get the look that makes us happy and not just accept; it is different when the island is already there from a resale; then you do your best. He also is not suggesting varying heights cabinets; is this now going out of vogue? I put in a full walk-in pantry that will look and function well! Thank you much!
Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".