Houzz Logo Print
leslie1228

getting house ready to sell in april- LET IT RIP PLEASE!

leslie1228
10 anni fa
Thanks to you, the wallpaper is gone. Begun the declutter- rearranging and upating. 1- Should the built in desk stay, or simply make it a serving area? Notice the upstairs area, thought we could put a desk there and the kids(three bedrooms up)could use it as their homework area. , Do we need to put matching granite, black and white, in kitchen, there too? are those two picture too small, should I use the giclee in dining room there or get something else?2- How's the sunroom look to you now? 3- Please advise on great room, what has to go, what needs to be done/ Do you like the furniture, I changed the good sofa into sunroom, thought the two smaller made the room airier. 4- opinions on dining room- give it your all!

Commenti (12)

• shelleyuk
    10 anni fa
    its looking lovely
    leslie1228 ha ringraziato shelleyuk
  • Suzanna Sebesteny
    10 anni fa
    I was just going to comment with the same ideas as mpoulsom. I'd also like to see the tablecloth gone :-) Other than those things, it's looking wonderful. You shouldn't have any trouble selling when the time comes. Good luck.
    leslie1228 ha ringraziato Suzanna Sebesteny
  • User
    10 anni fa
    Beautiful, but I would remove the fake? plants from above the desk. If the plants are real, move them to the sunroom. Totally agree about the pictures being moved closer together, they should be no more than 3" apart. I know this is anal, but I'd switch the pictures so the birds are both looking inward, not out.
    leslie1228 ha ringraziato User
  • PRO
    Destiny by Design
    10 anni fa
    The desk is in the dining area so it definitley needs to be made into a serving area. I agree with the others about the pics being too far apart and removing the tablecloth. Less is more when staging a home for sale. I would also remove the small table with the fruit. The built in cabinet has a little too much going on so I would just remove a few items. As someone mentioned the greenery above should be removed as well. If you are a wine drinker wine glasses in the cabinet would look nice. A wine rack on the counter instead of the computer would tie it all together. Wall colors look great!
    leslie1228 ha ringraziato Destiny by Design
  • User
    10 anni fa
    I like the bright colored plates above the desk, they add a punch to the otherwise neutral room. I wouldn't spend the money to alter the desk area, unless you get rid of the knee hole, it will always look like a desk. I'm sitting at my kitchen desk right now and a lot of people still use them.
  • tennisanyone
    10 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 10 anni fa
    I agree with all the above suggestions adding one more thing. Can you add bar stools to the counter in the kitchen. It looks like an overhang. People like that. I like a desk in my kitchen and use is everyday. Mothers like that too.
    leslie1228 ha ringraziato tennisanyone
  • User
    10 anni fa
    If you remove the desk in the dining room were you going to replace it with something else (I hope)?
  • User
    10 anni fa
    I'm assuming you have a formal dining room so I'm not bothered by the desk near the kitchen table. I agree about removing the table cloth.
  • pmarch39
    10 anni fa
    You have a very lovely home. I would not go overboard on making changes. The new homeower will want to do that. I would leave the desk. Why create unneccessary work. Just remove the plants from above and keep it tidy and clutter free. The table would look pretty with the tablecloth removed as said before and maybe a bowl of fruit on it. I also agree that the two bird prints need to be moved closer together and switched to face each other. Also no personal photos. Prospective buyers want to visualize themselves in the home not the current owner. Best of luck with your sale.
    leslie1228 ha ringraziato pmarch39
  • User
    10 anni fa
    I just found your original post with the black wallpaper still in the kitchen. The new paint and the sunroom will appeal so much more to the masses. Good decision!!
  • jdgail
    7 anni fa

Agree with all of the above with one other consideration. Could the love seat in sun room face the back yard with the coffee table in front of it? I would take the little drop leaf table from the kitchen and use it as a table beside it. It's pretty and will take up some room. Leave plant stand in far corner. Looks clean and happy!

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".