Houzz Logo Print
jacki_schklar

What wallpaper or mural should I add to my office?

Jacki Schklar
10 anni fa
I can add ANY custom wallpaper or mural to my office because I work at TotallyCustomWallpaper.com and they encourage me to add wallcoverings. So many choices! I want something on the wall that is image right, to the left of me when sitting at my desk. I thought of possibly also having a white brick pattern on the other walls, but that might make me feel more closed in with my smallish office. PS, the walls are a taupeish-beige, not green like this image looks...the fluorescent light made it look green.

Attached is a design I found online, it is between a mural and a wallpaper pattern. I am looking at it in different color combos. I like grays and blues. I like light turquoise too, but that is so done all the time...

Thanks in advance for ideas!

Commenti (17)

• mpoulsom
    10 anni fa
    I would do some with more trees to mimic the outside.........does your company make something like that? I've seen it before for sure!
  • Christian Catchings
    10 anni fa
    I totally agree go with something that has trees or a nice floral print. If you could find someone to paint a tree Like the white pic you posted on one wall and make that your focus in the office...that would be awesome.
  • Jacki Schklar
    Autore originale
    10 anni fa
    Thanks, mpoulsom. I can attach one later, we have done trees and could use any stock image I wanted. I love tree murals but I was afraid it would just be redundant to have vertical trees outside and vertical trees inside... Maybe I should rethink that...
  • mpoulsom
    10 anni fa
    I'm an outdoorsy kinda gal.............so I like to FEEL like I'm outside even when I'm not.....that's why my first instinct was to recommend that.
    You can go a million different ways obviously! :)
  • PRO
    karen paul interiors
    10 anni fa
    Jacki, I'm not a fan of fake wallpaper depicting nature and most especially when I have a clear view from my very own window of nature at its best. One suggestion I'll make is to consider grasscloth. Since you work for a wall covering company and can choose whatever you want?, then I would not have to worry about the expense of the purchase or having it hung. There are so many varieties of grasscloths and weaves in an abundance of styles and colors, so you could have yourself a wonderful time choosing the best of the best! Good luck. I'm jealous. :)
  • kelphxpdx
    10 anni fa
    The wall color is great, so I'd recommend you add some large, powerful photos. I do photography & have some to recommend if you're interested: People, landscapes, cityscapes, abstracts.
  • PRO
    Tres McKinney Design
    10 anni fa
    I agree that grass cloth wold be a beautiful compliment to the mural you already have out those picture windows of trees and forest.
  • PRO
    Totally Custom Wallpaper
    10 anni fa
    What about an extreme closeup crop of a photo of your rattie dog across the whole wall, Jacki?
  • pickyvicky
    10 anni fa
    I have a friend who painted tree & light shadows on her living room walls opposite a window. Looks so real I had to keep blinking. And her walls were a similar green.
  • PRO
    Thos. Baker
    10 anni fa
    This being an office space I would go a bit formal and advice on geometric prints. Here are my suggestions for wall papers and wall art.

Ar.Simran Chhibber on behalf of Thos.Baker
  • PRO
    Thos. Baker
    10 anni fa
    One more.

Ar.Simran Chhibber on behalf of Thos.Baker
  • User
    10 anni fa
    Keep it simple. Overdone patterns and colors can be distracting in an office setting. You have such a beautiful view! Add art instead.
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    10 anni fa
    I like the post above with the tree murals. Very nice. Mirrors what you see out those windows. Then paint a fun color. I like the way post color is. I would print a line green or a soft touquoise . Get samples try on wall. I would also move your desk to take advantage of your window view. Leave windows as is. Add some great art. Ikea has some. Black and whites big 40" just do tree mural on one wall like one opposite windows. Add a sunburst mirror to reflect outside. Float desk in room more. Furniture does not need to up against walls. Get a long console cabinet and put supplies and printers etc in that. Make room look more professional.
  • des1gnchick
    10 anni fa
    I agree w Travis interiors - turn desk to face beautiful view and possibly add a valance with a bit of color. I love the birch tree wallpaper - really fun - but if you want something a bit quieter grass cloth feels natural, comes in some great colors and would tie nicely with view.
  • Jacki Schklar
    Autore originale
    10 anni fa
    Grass cloth is classy but a little traditional for me, especially working in a printing/creative environment. But I do see how it would match... But I'm thinking a little more eclectic.
  • Jacki Schklar
    Autore originale
    10 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 10 anni fa
    I am using the color combo from what Thos. Baker suggested on the original art I picked. See attached. I will also get a very large image in front of me on the wall, I want something with gray and blue. The wallpaper is beside me...

I asked for my desk to be turned this way so I can greet people when they walk in and they can sit in the chair I have for visitors. And It also is too much light in front of my eyes for all day long.

I bought a few accessories, will show when it the paper is up!
Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".