Houzz Logo Print
lwright120

I need some help choosing an exterior paint color!

lwright120
10 anni fa
We bought a cute little log cabin on the lake that needs some tlc. We started on the inside and updated cabinets and floor (with modern touches; still keeping the rustic feel) The previous owners painted the outside a terracotta color :( It is too much money and work to take the paint off so we need to choose a color. There is stone at the bottom of the house that has a blend of beige, brown and greys. I would like the house color to be clean but keeping the warm, rustic lake cabin feel as well. Keep in mind our goal is to have a metal roof put on and landscaping by the end of the year. Please help me with a color for the home and trim/soffit. Thank you!

Commenti (10)

• handymam
    10 anni fa
    Taupe
    lwright120 ha ringraziato handymam
  • lwright120
    Autore originale
    10 anni fa
    great ideas! thank you!
  • User
    10 anni fa
    I like a medium brown, not too dark, as it is a log home afterall, with a dark red trim.

Lake Country Builders · Maggiori informazioni
    lwright120 ha ringraziato User
  • PRO
    Amy Hopkins, Allied ASID
    10 anni fa
    I would suggest taupe with sage green trim.
    lwright120 ha ringraziato Amy Hopkins, Allied ASID
  • Amber
    10 anni fa
    I'd go medium grey for the logs and a dark rich grey for the trim and garage doors.. think 200 year old aged log home or the way ceday shakes turn grey in the sea air. Maybe a brown for the front door and possibly brown wood shutters?
    lwright120 ha ringraziato Amber
  • PRO
    Circle Goods Reclaimed
    10 anni fa
    It is all very dependent on the color of metal roof I would think. Any ideas on where you are going with that?
    lwright120 ha ringraziato Circle Goods Reclaimed
  • PRO
    Rempfer Construction, Inc.
    10 anni fa
    We suggest to paint it a neutral color such as Cedar Key then painting the columns something close to a natural cedar. This color scheme is similar to what we're talking about.
    lwright120 ha ringraziato Rempfer Construction, Inc.
  • lwright120
    Autore originale
    10 anni fa
    circle goods reclaimed- im going to be needing help with that too, this is so hard! :(
  • PRO
    Circle Goods Reclaimed
    10 anni fa
    I grew up in a log home that had a green shingled roof and it was just a beautiful home. But I have also liked red too, green just seems more natural to me I guess. But I would say get the tin on and then it will be so much easier to decide what to do. You might end up not painting anything.
    lwright120 ha ringraziato Circle Goods Reclaimed
Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".