Houzz Logo Print
guilf

What is the tall grass?

Glista Guilford
10 anni fa
I love the way you have lined it up. I presume you would need to cut those "blooms" off before spring?

Many thanks.
Palo Alto 2 · Maggiori informazioni

Commenti (2)

• PRO
    Joni L. Janecki & Associates, Inc.
    10 anni fa
    Thanks for your question! The grass is Calamagrostis x acutiflora 'Karl Foerster', Feather Reed Grass. As to trimming, there are different points of view. Most people like to let the seed heeds stay through winter and cut them back before the grass comes out of its dormancy in the spring, but others might find this "messy". This is somewhat determined by whether or not someone likes to trim their grasses back in late fall to get new growth every spring; we prefer to leave the grass and then, every 3-5 years, cut it back hard when we divide the bunch. Again, all this depends on your aesthetic and how "messy" or "neat" you like your garden to be. It's a terrific grass, whatever your preference!
    Glista Guilford ha ringraziato Joni L. Janecki & Associates, Inc.
  • PRO
    Green Elevations
    10 anni fa
    We just put this along with Panicum "Northwind" into a beach themed landscape. I love this grass! I agree completely with leaving it until the spring before cutting it back. It just looks so amazing in the winter.
    Glista Guilford ha ringraziato Green Elevations
Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".