Houzz Logo Print
designwithdistinction

A recently completed Master Bathroom remodel for a client

Our clients came to us wanting to remodel their Master Bathroom. The house is about 25 years old. They love the neighborhood and wanted to stay vs moving. The bathroom had a very small shower which the husband had to duck into in order to get through the frame. We took space from the tub deck and moved the door to the toilet room so the shower could be enlarged. The couple enjoys spending time in the bathtub so we installed a beautiful free-standing tub built for two. Every detail in this space is custom, timeless and glamorous. It has a very Zen like feeling. We used mosaic tile on the floor to create a "rug". The mosaic tile is repeated on the backsplash and around the bathtub.

Commenti (23)

• PRO
    C to C Tile
    10 anni fa
    Love everything you did with this bathroom makeover. Great use of the tile on the wall as well as the floating shelving. Definitely gives a relaxing feel - big upgrade over the dreary look of the old bathroom photos.
    Design With Distinction, LLC ha ringraziato C to C Tile
  • PRO
    Design With Distinction, LLC
    Autore originale
    10 anni fa
    My clients were a joy to work with. It was a very rewarding project! Next I'll be doing their guest bathroom and kitchen remodel. I've got my eye on some amazing new products.
  • PRO
    Collins Tile and Stone
    10 anni fa
    The free standing tub is beautiful. Would love to see the design of the shower and how you tied in the mosaic tile and continued the liner. Did you tie in the mosaic tile or liner with any niches in the bathroom or shower? Nice work!
    Design With Distinction, LLC ha ringraziato Collins Tile and Stone
  • PRO
    Autore originale
    10 anni fa
    Here is are several additional photos
  • PRO
    Autore originale
    10 anni fa
    Since the mosaic tile is so large I stopped it on each side of the soap niche. The niche is lined with the floor tile. I'll take a photo of that area the next time I am at this clients home.
  • PRO
    Michael Lee, Inc
    10 anni fa
    Great design and great material selections
    Design With Distinction, LLC ha ringraziato Michael Lee, Inc
  • PRO
    purehome
    10 anni fa
    This is gorgeous! Love the tile work!
    Design With Distinction, LLC ha ringraziato purehome
  • Caroline
    10 anni fa
    Very elegant! I love the stand alone tub, the tile on the floor and the shelving placement.
  • Lynne Courtney
    10 anni fa
    *I* love it - perhaps because many things are much like MY Master ensuite (that I designed): wall and floor tile/colour (mine is cream travertine; but I lay the floor tile on the diagonal), trim tile (travertine, glass, and mother-of-pearl, set in a narrower strip, though, above the travertine tile wainscote, and in two strips in the shower), and vanity (though my vanity top is winter-white with white undermount sinks, and the wall trim tile forms the backsplash as well).
    I especially love the leaded-glass window beside the tub - I wish I'd done that by our tub; I did incorporate a leaded glass window insert in our upstairs bathroom, which doesn't have access to outside, but gets natural light from the cathedral ceiling area through the leaded glass 'window'.
    Beautiful job!
    Design With Distinction, LLC ha ringraziato Lynne Courtney
  • Christina
    10 anni fa
    Oh my goodness this is beautiful. I love the tub, tile, shower. This is an amazing transformation!
    Design With Distinction, LLC ha ringraziato Christina
  • PRO
    Collins Tile and Stone
    10 anni fa
    Thank you for posting more pictures! Love the design...tile work & material is beautiful.
    Design With Distinction, LLC ha ringraziato Collins Tile and Stone
  • Julie Wilson
    10 anni fa
    My bathroom reno... the 'before' on this one reminded me of what mine looked like... we did ALL the work ourselves...
  • Julie Wilson
    10 anni fa
    It was worth the wait, time, work and $$$$
  • PRO
    essentials inside
    10 anni fa
    Beautiful work Design With Distinction, LLC!

Yours too Julie. Both are fantastic.

~Lyvonne
  • Julie Wilson
    10 anni fa
    Thank you... it took me about 5 months to complete... and we learned how to make a fish tank online!!! The fish have grown A LOT!...
  • PRO
    Autore originale
    10 anni fa
    Very nice Julie. Love the fish tank. I may have to incorporate that idea on future client projects!
  • Julie Wilson
    10 anni fa
    it was a challenge, the cost was CRAZY to have it custom made, so we purchased the 12 ml tempered glass (same as the shower doors) used Aquarium grade silicone (once it's stuck.. it's STUCK!) It's only 7.5 inches wide, and almost 4 ft high... cleaning it every 2 weeks has become pretty routine... it was actually an afterthought to the design, as I was going to put glass blocks in to bring more light into the shower area. I LOVE having the fish... and watching their shadows across the shower wall... or relaxing in the jet tub with candles, wine and the serenity fish bring to me!
    Design With Distinction, LLC ha ringraziato Julie Wilson
  • PRO
    Designer Drains
    6 anni fa

An amazing transformation

• PRO
    Classic Home Improvements
    6 anni fa

Absolutely beautiful, great work!

• PRO
    Stecki Construction
    6 anni fa

Wow! Looks amazing and relaxing!

• PRO
    Pacific Coast Custom Design
    6 anni fa

It turned out great! Nice job.

• PRO
    Architecture Plus Inc
    6 anni fa

Looks great!

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".