Houzz Logo Print
houzzerpolls

POLL: What's on your December checklist?

Houzz Polls
10 anni fa
Ultima modifica:10 anni fa
What's on your December checklist?

Vote and tell us below! To enter the drawing to win a pair of Houzz slippers, post a comment (or photo) telling us your top 3 important December tasks.

*One entry per person, per drawing. Entries must be posted before 12:00am Pacific Time 12/11/13. One winner will be drawn at random.
Plan for holiday home safety
Update your emergency kit
Other - Tell us Below!

Commenti (48)

• PRO
    Barnhart Gallery
    10 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 10 anni fa
    The fact that the furniture I wanted to complete the guest room was on sale during "Cybertime" doesn't help -- I snagged a great deal and it will all arrive soon, long before I'm ready for it. Need to clear the unhoused storage items the furniture will contain, and wallpaper first. The door will be closed to visitors until after the holidays, as there's a chance that if I start first but don't finish, my dining room will be filled with the guest room's contents when we host our upcoming dinners and festivities.

So that's what I won't be doing. Do list for home is keep clean, decorate, finish long gifting list and prep for hosting.
  • Teresa S-j
    10 anni fa
    1) Clear space in my daughter's room (she moved out) for a work/craft area for me.
    2) Create a pantry out of my closet whose contents will be moved to the work/craft area.
    3) Decorate for Christmas.
  • Nicole Lee
    10 anni fa
    holiday decorations! christmas tree, lights, anything festive :)
  • User
    10 anni fa
    Barnhart Gallery, I feel for you. We are in almost the identical situation. Getting everything squared away before family comes for the holidays is tops on our list. Getting the decorations up will come next. We have a lot to do!
  • PRO
    7j DESIGN
    10 anni fa
    1. Indoor /Outdoor Decorations 2. Mail Greeting Cards 3. Plan for a dinner party.
  • armipeg
    10 anni fa
    1- Our snowed in lighted 1800's style Christmas village of 26 houses and other buildings, and 150+ figurines and decorations goes up.
    2- Outdoor and yard decorations is done.
    3- Fresh cut Christmas tree comes home from lot, decorated by our sons.
    4- Sit with kids in front of fireplace, drink hot cocoa, chat, and listen to Christmas songs.
    5- Plan family gatherings.
    6- Just go with the flow.
  • brokenglish
    10 anni fa
    1) get plans in motion for remodeling all of our bathrooms
    2) choose a hardwood floor
    3) eat, drink and be merry :)
  • suzanne_m
    10 anni fa
    1) Decoration
    2) Gifts shopping
    3) Cooking for the holidays
  • ebeth43
    10 anni fa
    armipeg you sound just like my best friend Jen. She has the best home to visit during the holidays. Everyone is always welcome and feels at home there.
  • PRO
    Feels Like Home 2 Me~ Home Staging in Toronto West
    10 anni fa
    Outdoor lights done, check. Now to decorate our interior for Christmas.
  • blrussell
    10 anni fa
    Need to decorate...and really need to start wrapping presents that need to be shipped.
  • nadine_elkabash
    10 anni fa
    Puting up holiday decorations!
  • bambrey
    10 anni fa
    Re do a chest of drawers I painted in 2013. My first attempt and I thought I followed the directions. It is starting to bleed through badly. I'm going to sand and sand and start again. It actually looks pretty good at a distance but the bleeding has to go.
  • Peggy Tupper
    10 anni fa
    Tradesguy is finishing the ceiling (new drywall and potlights), paint and refinish hardwood floors in the living room by December 15 so we can put up a tree. I am refinishing some of the furniture and cleaning drywall dust. Doors are sealed off but...... it gets everywhere just the same.
  • bonappetit
    10 anni fa
    Put up decorations, build a new turkey coop, finish archway at end of driveway... Can we only put three, lol?
  • jimbo29
    10 anni fa
    decorations!
  • foreverfarm11
    10 anni fa
    move into my new home (fingers crossed)
  • armipeg
    10 anni fa
    ebeth43 Thank you for your comment. I guess we all look forward to this time of the year. Enjoy your holidays :)
  • mrstravis
    10 anni fa
    win the kitchen make over contest. When our house was built they installed the wrong cabinets and we did not see the mistake until after the counter tops were installed, we have always disliked the cabinets, they look so cheap.
  • frenchpuppy
    10 anni fa
    My December checklist is quite long. We are planning a renovation of our kitchen which is
    in need of much repair. We have put off doing it last year due to a family illness and are looking forward to having our family from across the country to come and enjoy the holidays
    next year in our new space. When we purchased our house almost 15 years ago we
    didn't realized that having counters blocking the eating area creating a nook which makes
    it difficult to serve and add seating for family members. Also the cabinet frames are
    made of metal and glued and over time have come apart so that the front doors
    are falling off. We have one that fell and broke and one that no longer closes. The
    space around the existing island makes it hard to have more than one person to
    open the fridge or work at a counter. The floors are tile and so is the entire first floor
    so we have to rip up all of the existing floors. Although we will not be able to have
    the holidays at our place this year and unfortunately were dealing with a child
    with cancer last year, we are hopeful to have everyone at our place by the Spring.
    We wish everyone a happy and healthy New Year - Good Luck to all!
  • Susan Rago
    10 anni fa
    Make gifts for friends and neighbors! Sugar coated pecans.
  • PRO
    Michael Lee, Inc
    10 anni fa
    Christmas decorations are first on the list
  • PRO
    Amy Hopkins, Allied ASID
    10 anni fa
    1) put up decorations 2) send Christmas cards 3) Relax and enjoy the season with friends and family.
  • Anne
    10 anni fa
    Other...THIS December: Prep for move to a place where it is NEVER 2F *** smh ***
  • bocjan
    10 anni fa
    We are seniors and have a handle applied to our ceramic tile so we can get out of the tub.
    Last night, the handle came out of the wall, bringing a tile(not cracked) with it and cracking another tile....only one cracked tile in this area.
    All the rest of the tiles are in perfect condition except one by the hot water faucet that is also cracked (only one tile) when the new faucet was installed. The tiles are approx. 20 years old so matching them will be impossible. They are a beige with the odd tile with flowers on them.
    Any suggestions on how to fix this without replacing all the tiles around the tub area that go to the ceiling?
  • Laurie
    10 anni fa
    We are moving into the home we just purchased this weekend. Our Christmas will be repairing and updating the basement suite as we have in rented for January first.
  • sadie57
    10 anni fa
    I'm looking for rustic kitchen cabinet doors. http://www.houzz.com/pro/cjdesigns/cj-interiors. Where can I buy some doors in Barrie, Ontario, Canada? I have an excellent installer so I just need the doors!

Thanks for your help,

Betty
  • PRO
    Badger Wood Custom Homes
    10 anni fa
    its Dec.4, heading to Hawaii, have an offer on our house..building a garage, starting a new build soon, for possible clients..and moving and finding somewhere to live by Feb.28,bizy,bizy...
  • granmajb
    10 anni fa
    pushing to get the roof on a new addition, and replacing the one on an adjacent space before it starts to rain again, (in a few days, according to the weatherperson---temps are at 9 degrees so it will probably be snow). Bad time of year for northwest coast to have to replace a roof.
  • granmajb
    10 anni fa
    bocjan---perhaps you can remove a few tiles in the area where the grab bar came off the wall, replace the bar, using a back plate attached to the studs to cover the area. For the other broken tiles---might consider replacing all the decorative tiles with new ones, if that's possible. It's hard to know without seeing the area, just how many tiles that would entail or whether it would upset the overall design.
  • houssaon
    10 anni fa
    I can't wait until I get my Houzz slippers! what fun.
    Prep for a remodeling project for next year
    Keep walkways clear of snow/ice
    Read some good novels!
  • PRO
    OnePlan
    10 anni fa
    I will be switching the CAD computer off at 17:00 GMT on the 20th December and won't switch it back on again until 09:00 6th January !! Bliss !!!!
  • bambrey
    10 anni fa
    Oh I wish I had that much control. Good luck and Happy New Year
  • meh4
    10 anni fa
    I'm going to bring some life and excitement to my otherwise boring lanai...new carpet, lamps, plants, lots of color...
  • PRO
    Jasmine's Gardens
    10 anni fa
    Relax, unwind. Do as little as possible, enjoy simplicity. Enjoy family. Enjoy life
  • PRO
    Harris McClain Kitchen & Bath
    10 anni fa
    Emergency kit is something many forget about this time of the year. Power outage in the winter months can get very cold. Keep plenty of water in stock in the house and gas in the generators! Check on the elderly often and do a good deed by shoveling a elderly's drive and side walk.
  • sunnie2day
    10 anni fa
    I'm spending my December prepping for a smallish reno of the current home and hoping to close on the new house so we can get started on the reno there as well - up to my scalp in spreadsheets trying to juggle all of it!
  • sandra1942
    10 anni fa
    I plan to have everything ready by December 18. Then I'm going to read every magazine/catalog in a 2-foot pile without ordering more. My husband says "impossible" about the ordering part.
  • yenicel
    10 anni fa
    Put Christmas decorations up, get ready for power outages and get the house ready to have friends and family over!
  • ravibala
    10 anni fa
    Christmas decorations are first on the list. Gifts shopping.
  • PRO
    Philip Liang Design
    10 anni fa
    Putting up Christmas decoration is a lot of work, but it could be a lot of fun when I treat it like another design project, the reward comes when I get to share the wonderful results with my friends and family. On the other hand, having to undo all of it is never any fun.
  • nancyjohnrk
    10 anni fa
    I am planning on enlarging my island bar. I have a boat shape piece coming next week that will be attached to the existing surface so that my bar stools will be completely tucked in when not in use. This space now has no congruity because the backs of the stools cannot meet the edge of the island. The waste of this space does not make sense and leaves me with an incomplete or unfinished, perhaps messy look. Can't wait to have it arrive. My husband and I will attach it and have a more comfortable Christmas Eve dinner that my brothers in laws and my husband do every year, Chechloslovakian Style!!!
  • Jeannie Nguyen
    10 anni fa
    CONGRATULATIONS to Michael Lee, Inc for winning his very own pair of Houzz slippers! If you missed out on this one you still have a chance to get your comments into our Spare Rooms poll!
    https://www.houzz.com/discussions/poll-spare-room-what-would-you-add-dsvw-vd~760716
  • karelina
    10 anni fa
    Update my emergency kit means make sure I have enough wood for the fireplace if the power goes out and enough vittles to eat with limited cooking capacity.
  • Geneviève
    8 anni fa

Decorations and baking so far.

• Momof5x
    8 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 8 anni fa

Well mine has already started earlier and will be ongoing. I am presently having all the rugs taken one by one to be cleaned- took advantage of this as everyone is more or less away and busy with one thing or another. Just redoing decors around the house ( I like to change vases/decor every so often) just for a change.

• PRO
    Billiard Factory
    8 anni fa

No snow in Texas :)

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".