Houzz Logo Print
mariajs

Shrubs

Maria S
10 anni fa
What guidelines do you follow when deciding the distance shrubs are from the house? I keep reading that all parts of a mature shrub need to be at least 2 feet away from a house. Is that unnecessary?
Front foundation planting on Philadelphia's Main Line · Maggiori informazioni

Commento (1)

• PRO
    Aardweg Landscaping
    10 anni fa
    Maria,
    I have been planting for 40 years - I've heard that, but only from painters, home inspectors and maybe a few others. They will/may tell you it will give you problems with insects, mold, moisture....you name it. I plant right up against the house. I of course make sure that the ground slopes away from the house - otherwise you will have moisture/rain issues. I have Never had problems from clients. The big problem inexperienced folks [and many "pros"] encounter is planting material that will readily outgrow the space. I have no doubts others will disagree - but for me, the 40 years of experience I have with no issues trumps all their arguments against. We may have to prune shrubs that are right on the foundation - but we know that going in.
Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".