Houzz Logo Print
rechy_kaufman

What color should I paint my front door?

Rachel
10 anni fa
My house feels very choppy right now. I plan to do some landscaping in the spring that will cover up some of the brick. But for now what color shld I paint my door so that it coordinates well with my siding and my brick??

Commenti (74)

• mefor
    10 anni fa
    SW Tricorn black
  • mefor
    10 anni fa
    SW tanager
  • mefor
    10 anni fa
    SW jonquil
  • mefor
    10 anni fa
    SW decisive yellow
  • mefor
    10 anni fa
    SW espalier
  • mefor
    10 anni fa
    SW foggy day. Kind of close to you siding color. It's too nondescript, there's no life or contrast or interest. Please reconsider matching door to siding :)
  • PRO
    JudyG Designs
    10 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 10 anni fa
    I like splits best when the house is all one color. It deemphasizes the top heavy look. But, it sounds as if you just painted or not inclined to paint.

I would paint all the white the body color of the house, except the window frames and the door, which could be a darker gray (on the same strip as the house color).

NO shutters (as it is a contemporary ranch, not a cottage or Colonial).

If you were repainting and keeping the brick as is, I would paint the siding a tone of the brick.

If you were painting the brick I would do this:
    Whole House Green · Maggiori informazioni
  • mefor
    10 anni fa
    SW husky orange
  • mefor
    10 anni fa
    SW rainstorm
  • mefor
    10 anni fa
    SW ionian
  • maddlaw1
    10 anni fa
    I say cherry wood door and sidelights or if you prefer to paint, auburn-orange color
  • mefor
    10 anni fa
    SW auric
  • mefor
    10 anni fa
    SW bitter chocolate
  • mefor
    10 anni fa
    SW burgundy
  • User
    10 anni fa
    iamjudy- as much as you would probably like to redo this posters interior as well, I propose we stick with the request of THE FRONT DOOR !! ;))
  • User
    10 anni fa
    WOW mforr you are on a door color ferris wheel, can we see white please? ;))
  • PRO
    Maguire
    10 anni fa
    Ha!ha! Offering paint ideas for everything BUT the front door.
    Mforr your renderings are so helpful. I love the gray exterior, there are several colors that'll look great on the door. The gray and brown, not very exciting. Go with the black, orange, rainstorm or tanager. Great suggestion with the shutters Mforr!
  • mefor
    10 anni fa
    Bright white?
  • PRO
    Maguire
    10 anni fa
    BTW don't let anyone talk you into painting your brick.
  • mefor
    10 anni fa
    This is SW extra white, hard to cover the existing color with the white with this tool :)
  • User
    10 anni fa
    Thanks mforr- I would pass on white.
  • handymam
    10 anni fa
    I was going to suggest the fired brick color, but I see mforr beat me to it!

I actually think the shutters would be nice in the same color as I don't think this house is truly a ranch or anything particular style for that matter (and therefore, not "wrong.") The shutters will break up the horizontal lines and tie the door color and top part of the house together.
  • Rachel
    Autore originale
    10 anni fa
    U guys don't like the idea of the same color as the siding???? Coz I already brought the paint :(
  • PRO
    rjcDESIGN
    10 anni fa
    definitely a dark blue--something like rainstorm. Or if you're feeling really fun, rainstorm shutters and husky orange door.
  • mefor
    10 anni fa
    Rachel, it's more important that you like it. We can all make suggestions that you may or may not like. But you need to be happy with it. I posted a color that was quite close to your siding color, I believe it was foggy day. Do you like the way it looks? Because that will give you a pretty good idea of what it will look like. If you want to go by popular consensus, red seems to be most popular with the different posters.
    But we only want to help you to get what you want. :)
  • handymam
    10 anni fa
    Rachel are you asking if we don't like the door painted the same as the siding? My answer would be no, I don't. The door is like the face of the house. To paint it the same it doesn't stand out. I am sorry you bought paint already. I thought you were asking for suggestions before you bought paint.
  • User
    10 anni fa
    Rachel- if you already bought the paint, why are you asking now? A good time to ask might be before you buy the paint. I think I need a snack, I am getting testy LOL
  • Rachel
    Autore originale
    10 anni fa
    When I asked I hadn't brought it yet! Then one poster posted a pix with the blue door and I liked the look so I had them buy it right away.. And then everybody else started posting all these great ideas!
  • User
    10 anni fa
    You will rarely get a unanimous consensus on Houzz, sometimes you have got to go with your gut. The front door should reflect YOU- are you all foggy and gray or are you all happy and yellow? The front door should make you smile. It is the first impression of your home. Gray- I hope not;(
  • mefor
    10 anni fa
    Perhaps they can exchange it? Or deepen it to a bluer color like the rainstorm? Out of all the colors shown, which do you actually like the most?
  • handymam
    10 anni fa
    Well your first post was only 4 hours ago. It usually takes me that long to just get off Houzz...
  • Rachel
    Autore originale
    10 anni fa
    I like this one
  • handymam
    10 anni fa
    But next time, just buy sample sizes and try out several to see what you like.
  • mefor
    10 anni fa
    Ok that was the first one posted, by Rina, and we don't have the name. But the good thing is, if you matched the siding, all you need to do is have them tint it darker. Because it's just a stronger, darker version of the siding.
  • Rachel
    Autore originale
    10 anni fa
    Ok great! I'll have him show me a sample before he paints the entire thing and if its too light I'll tell him to make it a bit darker. Thanx all for your help!
  • mefor
    10 anni fa
    You're welcome, good luck and I hope you might consider the shutters. :)
  • Elizabeth Julian
    10 anni fa
    Definitely deep red. Houses should have 3 colors, siding, trim, doors and shutters.
  • User
    10 anni fa
    I would go with a brick red or even a brighter red to tie together the brick in the bottom of the house.
  • benvenuto1980
    10 anni fa
    I will chime in for any deep dark red. Will tie the siding to the brick and make things look less choppy.
  • Rina
    10 anni fa
    Good morning world. I'm so happy you liked the grey, Rachel, but yes, it does need to be considerably darker than the walls to work. I like that it brings the grey down to ground level, and "locks" the two pieces of the house, and the house to the ground. You can have a wonderful time bringing colour into the garden. It will sing against that. You move fast, by the way. But oh, Mforr, you did sterling work on the renderings! You are a doughty woman!
  • mefor
    10 anni fa
    :) Rina :)
  • Rachel
    Autore originale
    10 anni fa
    Hi Rina should I make 50% darker then the siding or 75%?
  • handymam
    10 anni fa
    Rachel...get a sample pot of both and then decide. :)
  • chrisinky
    10 anni fa
    When I saw your post I realized you have almost the exact house plan as I do. Yours does look more modern than mine though. We have only had this house for a little over a month so we haven't done anything to the outside yet, except clean the siding & fence. (Pictures are before the cleaning.) We aren't going to do anything else outside until spring because of weather & we still have so much to do inside. The first things we plan to do in Spring are paint the door (dark gray I think), replace the light fixture, and get rid of those ugly bushes in front of the house.

We do have black shutters & a white door. Our siding is a lighter color than yours, but I thought it could help you to see what that looks like. Personally, I don't like shutters. I think unless they are actual working shutters, they are a waste. Unfortunately, I can't remove mine because that would leave holes in my siding. Maybe to fill the void in your house that others mentioned you could get a small tree or something to add to your landscaping. I like how a lot of newer homes have wider window trim and no shutters. Yours kinda has that look.

I think someone else mentioned it, but if you want your door darker than the paint you bought the store can re-tint it, usually free of charge. Depending on how much you bought, go ahead and put one coat on it, if you don't like it-change it.
  • Rina
    10 anni fa
    Hello Rachel. 75%, I think. You want it to be definite, not wishy washy. I do so like your house, by the way. And I vote for the shutters -- which should at least look as though they are closeable, and preferably be so, because they would echo the three-part structure of the window on the right. This thread is big fun. Thank you.
  • ebc3
    9 anni fa

I like the sw fired brick. I think it ties in nicely with the brick of the house wall and helps unify the facade and also breaks up the too strong horizontal lines. The darker shutters keep it from looking too "matchy,\- matchy"

• wickedwhite
    9 anni fa
    Old post
  • monicadc63
    9 anni fa
    I would paint it black.
  • Tammy Lawhorn
    9 anni fa
    Rachael.

You do have a nice home. I think the outside should be painted with other colors to complement the brick. I would also remove the shutters. The combination in this picture would be nice.
  • Utente-302487815
    2 anni fa

Black door would go with square or oval picture window ...love the top exterior color on the house what is that

Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".