Houzz Logo Print
kmmord

Need Help with Master Bath light fixtures

kmmord
10 anni fa
I just added a gorgeous Robert Abbey Bling chandelier to my master bath. Now the light fixtures over the vanities look old and dated. Any suggestions on new lighting over the vanities?

Commenti (14)

• PRO
    Whispar Design
    10 anni fa
    What is the metal finish on the new chandelier? Are you wanting to follow the same crystal theme with the vanity lights?
  • kmmord
    Autore originale
    10 anni fa
    The Robery Abbey Bling fixture is in a Deep Patina Bronze. I don't necessary need to follow the crystal theme for the vanity lights as I don't want to take away from the chandelier. I've attached an up close view of the chandelier since it's hard to see the detail while lit.
  • Debp
    10 anni fa
    I see a simple shape for the lights so they don't look so busy.
    kmmord ha ringraziato Debp
  • PRO
    Rose Aten Design LLC
    10 anni fa
    To increase the height of the vanity area, add cabinet molding around mirror, a wide solid stock to mount the light fixtures.
  • kmmord
    Autore originale
    10 anni fa
    Rose Aten Design- Please elaborate on this idea. I don't quite understand. Thanks!
  • kmmord
    Autore originale
    10 anni fa
    I would love to take down the large plate mirrors and move the light fixtures to sconces on the side vs. above the mirrors. I'm afraid if I do that, the whole project will get out of hand. I'm not too fond of the vanities but I just moved into the house and am trying to decide what projects I can't live without.
  • PRO
    Whispar Design
    10 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 10 anni fa
    I was actually going to suggest that kmmord - but, like you, didn't know how much you wanted to tackle. Individual mirrors flanked with sconces would look stunning - but yes it is a bit of work. These fixtures are interesting having both the frosted glass light and also individual down-lights. They come in 1,2,3 and 4 light configurations.
    kmmord ha ringraziato Whispar Design
  • kmmord
    Autore originale
    10 anni fa
    I really like those Whispar Designs. Who makes
    them?
  • PRO
    Whispar Design
    10 anni fa
    The are made by Elk - Here is a link with the series:
    Wall Lights + Sconces · Maggiori informazioni
    kmmord ha ringraziato Whispar Design
  • kmmord
    Autore originale
    10 anni fa
    Just called to get an estimate on having the mirrors removed. I can have the electrician move the light fixtures to sconces on the side. As long as I'm doing that, I think I might as well change the vanities. Since I'm going to change the vanity, I might as well change the travertine to the marble that I like. I can make the room go better with the grey colors that I like.... I guess I know the next big project!
  • PRO
    Rose Aten Design LLC
    10 anni fa
    Review web site for this type of detail.
  • PRO
    Keller Williams Heritage
    10 anni fa
    Definitely recommend something streamlined and crystal. The focus is the big chandelier, so maybe a crystal accent light on each side of the tops of the mirrors.
  • PRO
    Sustainable Dwellings
    10 anni fa
    I would definitely change out the lighting over the vanities... and, maybe paint those vanities and change out hardware. I like the bling chandelier!
    kmmord ha ringraziato Sustainable Dwellings
Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".