Houzz Logo Print
cori20

Need help for my Master Bath please :)

cori20
10 anni fa
My master bathroom has no windows, kinda cave like feel. How can I turn that around and use that to make it romantic and updated. This is going to be a total gut job, but excited. Any ideas when no windows and lower ceiling is reality ?

Your thoughts and photos are appreciated !

Commenti (5)

• granmajb
    10 anni fa
    in a similar situation, I put a row of mirror tiles around the perimeter of the ceiling, then added a narrow shelf below it with an edge similar to a gutter, only painted coppery color. Had an electrical outlet run up to it and plugged in rope lights all around the ceiling. I also textured the walls with joint compound, troweled in a swag pattern, painted it a very light cream then added a pearl finish. It looks very elegant and the recessed lighting adds a touch of glamour. Easy to do if you aren't afraid to climb a ladder. PS---I was 80 years old at the time
  • PRO
    Dytecture
    10 anni fa
    Photos would be helpful.
  • PRO
    Masterworks Window Fashions & Design, LLC
    10 anni fa
    May I ask where you are located? It's hard to know what resources are available for you without knowing where you live.
    Is the bathroom on the first floor with a room above it, or on an upper floor with a roof above it? if on an upper floor, you might consider Solatubes, which help bring natural daylight into a space. Hopefully they would be available to you. (Google " Daylighting" and a Solatube distributor should come up in the search.)
  • PRO
    Solatube International, Inc.
    10 anni fa
    You can install a Solatube Daylighting System almost anywhere (even in a basement)! Contact your local premier dealer to find out what best fits for your home: http://www.solatube.com/where-to-buy
  • PRO
    Masterworks Window Fashions & Design, LLC
    10 anni fa
    Good to know about the where to buy Solatube website page! I have a local dealer (Galaxy Daylighting) near me, but have a few clients in other locations too.
Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".