Houzz Logo Print
ruburr

Window treatment for bathroom windows

ruburr
10 anni fa
Hello and please help. I have 2 windows in my bathroom and I am not sure how to deal with them. We need a bit of privacy. They have no frames and I am looking for some ideas.

We live in an older 1940 ish home.

Commenti (18)

• PRO
    Granite Grannies
    10 anni fa
    I think roman shades would look great in your bathroom windows. They are a nice alternative to blinds because you can find fabric with color and pattern. Here is an example. Good luck!

Contemporary Bathroom · Maggiori informazioni
    ruburr ha ringraziato Granite Grannies
  • PRO
    JudyG Designs
    10 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 10 anni fa
    The minute I saw your picture, I went looking for this adorable window treatment for your vintage home (I hate to say vintage, as I was born in the 40’s) YIKES.

Anyway, I love, love this.
    Atlanta Christmas Show House - Girls Bedroom & Bath · Maggiori informazioni
    ruburr ha ringraziato JudyG Designs
  • Judy M
    10 anni fa
    You have a wonderful deep set window and many window treatments will look great.
    What do you like?
  • PRO
    Delmarva Blinds & Shutters
    10 anni fa
    Depends on how much steam or moisture you get cloth or fabric may not be a good idea.Try a composite or pvc.
  • lfradley
    10 anni fa
    We used a tension rod and only covered half the window with a semi sheer fabric. Even with curtains closed, we can still enjoy the greenery and morning sunshine and from the outside, only the top of our heads can be seen.
    ruburr ha ringraziato lfradley
  • Carolina
    10 anni fa
    And this is also a nice idea:
    Bathroom Space for a Canadian Crooner · Maggiori informazioni
  • splagna
    10 anni fa
    If you don't want to use curtains or blinds you can spray "glass frosting" on the lower two window panes to obscure the glass but still let in the light. You can buy this at Home Depot for about $5. I used it on my clear shower doors about 3 years ago and it has held up great.
    The also have "mirror coatings" that I used on some vases.
    The good thing is that it is an easy fix and doesn't cost alot of money. If you decide that you want textiles later it buys you time.
  • PRO
    Az Plumber Near Me
    10 anni fa
    I agree with @Judy M, bathroom shutters would look great! Or even roman shades would look good. Maybe roman shades with a nice print like the one attached. http://www.kohls.com has a wide variety of affordable curtains.

If you need any tips on plumbing or bathroom fixture installations, we have a helpful blog located at http://cadienteplumbingaz.com/blog
    ruburr ha ringraziato Az Plumber Near Me
  • Ed
    10 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 10 anni fa
    Hi ruburr, Congrats on your bathroom renovation ! Your two windows have a very deep recess, so you have plenty of room to install cordless honeycomb cellular shades for a very clean and sleek look --
    Norman Light Filtering Cellular Shades · Maggiori informazioni

Cordless Top Down Bottom Up Shades (Duofold) · Maggiori informazioni
    ruburr ha ringraziato Ed
  • foreverfarm11
    9 anni fa
    I like the thought of hanging a stained glass window panel
  • PRO
    Kohler Design Center
    9 anni fa
    love the look of crisp white shutters and the different amounts of light that can gently filter into the room. can stack off to the sides of those deep window recesses when not needed
  • katearoni
    9 anni fa
    Shutters. Check Costco.
  • PRO
    Two Blind Guys
    9 anni fa
    Plantation Shutters! Check out Hunter Douglas Newstyle Plantation Shutters. Some of the best in the business.
  • bungalowmo
    9 anni fa
    I really like carolins patterned sheer! I also like the shutter option as well.
    Either way, an adjustable / filtered approach is my favorite. I have different combinations in a few rooms & adjust them at different times of day & moods as well.

BTW....I do love a vintage 40's home! Every decade had their unique, cool design & architectural details.

Love to see more! :0)
  • User
    9 anni fa
    This an old post from Sept. 2013.
  • bungalowmo
    9 anni fa
    ....wonder what they decided on....
Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".