Houzz Logo Print
webuser_630270869

Two different shades of grey grout?

Lisa L’Italien
12 giorni fa
Ultima modifica:12 giorni fa

Hi all!

Designing a bathroom with white subway walls and a black and white patterned hex floor (white with black petals). My customer would like to use a lighter shade of grey on the walls vs the floor. I know two different grout colors is fine when introducing different color tiles, but with shades of grey on white I'm feeling the grout shades should match to create a more seamless result, otherwise your eye is just drawn to the two different shades of grey? Would love your insights on this!

Commenti (6)

• chispa
    12 giorni fa
    Ultima modifica: 12 giorni fa

Use the best color grout that works with the floor. Then do two grouted sample boards for the white wall tiles with the 2 different choices. Once you see how it looks then decide what grout to use on the walls.

For me, I would use white grout on the walls as I prefer grout to blend in and not stand out.

It would help to get better opinions if you showed what the floor tile and wall tile are and what the layout is ...

• millworkman
    12 giorni fa

" For me, I would use white grout on the walls as I prefer grout to blend in and not stand out. "

Exactly, grout is functional, not a design element.

• Lisa L’Italien
    Autore originale
    12 giorni fa

Thank you both - I agree on the white grout but they really liked the look of dark grout on white subway tile so that's happening. The question is, would it work to have a lighter grey grout on the subway tile and a darker grey grout on the floor, or should they be the same shade of grey... my feeling is they should be the same shade but curious your thoughts. Hex floor tile attached (and matte white subway 3x6 subway tile on walls)

• PRO
    Skippack Tile & Stone
    12 giorni fa

No need to stick to one grout shade; look at each element and what is the best color choice for that.

• chispa
    12 giorni fa
    Ultima modifica: 12 giorni fa

Definitely use a darker gray grout on the floor.

The floor tile also has light gray, so that would tie in fine with using a lighter grout on the white subway.

I would do a board with the light gray grout and one with white grout for the subway. Show them how the floor becomes the main element when it isn't competing with rectangular light gray grid lines on the walls. I definitely would not do dark gray grout on the walls.

• artemis78
    8 giorni fa

We have white hex on the floor and green subway on the wall—never even considered matching the grout. We used dark gray (Custom Pewter) on the floor and light gray-green (Mapei Mint) on the wall and are pleased with both. i did have to test a lot of colors with the green tile to find one that didn’t pull pink or yellow, though.

Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".