Houzz Logo Print
blueskyreno

Need help finding a floor porcelain tile to match wall tile background

blueskyreno
15 giorni fa

Hello,

I am currently remodeling my home and I am interested in having Bedrosians Polished Porcelain Tile in Calacatta Oro in size 48x48 installed on all the walls in my 5'x7' bathroom.

However, for the floors, I wanted to have a more uniform look, not a lot of veins. I looked at a very light crema marfil marble tile, and it looks pretty nice against the Bedrosians Calacatta Oro sample I have.

Can anyone recommend a porcelain floor tile in a light crema marfil color?

Thank you so much.

I would also be interested in a porcelain tile with a sandstone look for the entire flooring, but I can't seem to find a color that is the same as the light Calacatta Oro background color.

This is a picture of the Calacatta Oro tile from the link above:

Commenti (17)

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    15 giorni fa
    Ultima modifica: 15 giorni fa

No. Because it will not exist in porcelain. : )

You are asking for a plain ivory large format porcelain tile.

Either use what you've chosen for walls and floor, or fall in love with something else because you will be fighting what the marketplace provides.

Find a PORCELAIN tile you like for both walls and floor, and dare we ask what the shower plan is? What the bath plan looks like? What the inspo is?

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    15 giorni fa

I sure hope you have seen the work from the tiler you are using . That size tile needs a rel good tilesetter who has used large format tile a lot. I prefer to use 12 x24 porcealin tile but not patterend I use the same tile on the bathroom floor and shower walls a smaller same tile for the shower floor. It keeps it simple and allows many changes , in wall color , accents down the road without the tile needing to be changed .. I will bet you will be back here with issues about the veining in the tile you want too. I never like busy wall tile ever.

• PRO
    Skippack Tile & Stone
    15 giorni fa

I'm not sure what you mean regarding the background color on the wall tile; is it not white? That being said, not sure I would put 2 marble looks together. The wall tile seems too big for the space you have, it'll end up more cut up depending on how many "faces" the tiles have.

• Tish
    15 giorni fa

2 different marble looks would be a big mistake. With a large patterned wall tile, you would be better with an almost solid color for the floor. Maybe an interesting shape though. Like Daltile’s Beehive Medley in the Ashgray. It’s a warm taupe color, and not a cool gray at all. https://www.daltile.com/products/Concrete-Look/Bee-Hive-Medley/Ashgrey

It comes in a larger format too, but it is too large for moth bathrooms. https://www.daltile.com/products/Concrete-Look/Bee-Hive/Ashgrey

• PRO
    Sabrina Alfin Interiors
    15 giorni fa

Get a sample of the Bedrosian's tile and take it with you to a tile showroom to match the color of the veining for the floor tile. Color varies so dramatically on computer monitors, so any recommendation you receive here will have to be verified anyway.

blueskyreno ha ringraziato Sabrina Alfin Interiors
  • eld6161
    15 giorni fa

Its very difficult to matche tiles from different brands if you are not a pro.

I prefer using tiles from the same series. No worries about clashing.

• blueskyreno
    Autore originale
    15 giorni fa

Thank you everyone!

My contractor does have experience with setting such large tiles 48x48.

I was looking at a tile from the same line for the floors - Magnífica Pure White, but unfortunately, it looks too bright compared to the background of the Calacatta Oro. I also thought at first that it would be the best match since it’s from the same line.
    But it is also just a plain color throughout and I was hoping for something with at least some kind of texture on the color like sandstone for example; rather than just a plain colored tile. However, I did not want to use the Calacatta Oro on the floor too because I thought the floor would look too busy & bathroom would look more like a box because of all the veining.
    Most of Calacatta Oro’s background color is more of a warm cream color than white.
    I was curious if anyone has experience with this tile from Bedrosians and what they would put for the floor - I’ve been to multiple stores and unfortunately, they don’t have any tiles that have a color close enough to that light, warm cream color.

• blueskyreno
    Autore originale
    15 giorni fa

Thank you so much Poorgirl! This does help and your bathroom looks wonderful!

• J Sk
    15 giorni fa

I looked at your link and there are some nice tiles over there.

Why not:

Or:

blueskyreno ha ringraziato J Sk
  • Poorgirl
    15 giorni fa

Blueskyreno, thank you , it looks grey but it’s not , it has a soft grey, cream and taupe in the tile. And… it is all bout the installer.
    I’m not sure if you can see it in the pictures but we had the large tiles cut on the 24” to 20” so every tile was the same size , no small piece at one end or the other. We also installed in floor heating . One other thing that we did was purchase the faucet and shower heads all are finger print and water stain resistant. I didn’t really think that made a difference in the scheme of things until we just finished a basement bathroom and put in regular fixtures and all I seem to be doing is cleaning the faucet from water stains and finger prints .

blueskyreno ha ringraziato Poorgirl
  • chispa
    15 giorni fa

I used a linen-look porcelain tile on the bathroom (and shower) floor with my marble-look porcelain tile on the walls. The floor tile came in 12" x 24" and in a 1" x 2" mosaic sheet.

blueskyreno ha ringraziato chispa
  • Poorgirl
    15 giorni fa

Chispa, those tiles are beautiful, very soft looking! Do you have pictures of your washroom?

• blueskyreno
    Autore originale
    15 giorni fa

chispa, those tiles are so beautiful and the linen tile is such a great idea! May I ask where did you place the other tiles in this photo (other than the linen-looking one)?

• chispa
    15 giorni fa

The 24" x 24" marble-look porcelain (polished) was on the shower walls. I also used a mosaic sheet of the same marble-look tile on the shower ceiling and a matching bullnose all the way around the perimeter.

In that photo the top-right white rectangle is a piece of Cambria White Cliff quartz (used in a different bathroom).

Bottom-left rectangle is Radianz Denali Cloud quartz used on counter in this bathroom with SW Balanced Beige on the vanity.

The lights and camera wash out the color of the tile inside the shower.

blueskyreno ha ringraziato chispa
  • Poorgirl
    15 giorni fa

Chrispa your bathroom is beautiful
    !

• blueskyreno
    Autore originale
    13 giorni fa

Thank you chispa for showing your restroom! It looks beautiful!

Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".