Houzz Logo Print
luiss6

engineered floor and underfloor heating

luiss6
16 giorni fa

Hello,
In our flat we have an underfloor heating fairly dated without manual temperature control. There is a sensor in the flat that dictates how much it should heat to achieve a certain temperature.

We would like to install a wooden floor (engineered) whose manufacturer advised that it cannot heat more than 27 degrees.

We are torn between giving up the underfloor heating and the Woden floor.

Any suggestions?

Commenti (8)

• luiss6
    Autore originale
    16 giorni fa

Adding some pictures of the type of floor we are after. Believe it or not but we struggled to find the colour (dark walnut) and finish (smooth) that we wanted. Almost all was lighter colours or not smooth

• Isla Cherry
    15 giorni fa

Is the underfloor heating wet or electric? I wouldn't have thought that any underfloor heating would be set as high as 27 deg. 20 or 21 is the recommended temperature. I don't understand why you can't have both? We have an oak floor and wet (piped) underfloor heating linked to an ASHP.

• luiss6
    Autore originale
    15 giorni fa

Hi Isla, it’s electric - I agree. Bad from the underfloor heating company not having a system compatible with wooden floor

• Isla Cherry
    15 giorni fa

I would chose the floor and install electric radiators hard wired on the walls. That floor is beautiful and the join incredible between the two materials. You always have to suffer for beauty. You really should get some expert advice. Could you contact a heating engineer and ask these questions? What type of floor did the flat have before the renovation?

• PRO
    Woodfloors4u
    13 giorni fa

Most UFH systems are compatible with Engineered wood flooring products, but course always check with the manufacturer.

I'm not understanding why you need it heated more than 27 degrees?

Wood flooring companies like ours generally never recommend going over 22/23 degrees though It can go up to 27. As you don't want to be regularly shocking the wood i.e going hot to cold as long term it could cause warping.

Do consider a humidity monitoring Fid Box.

At Woodfloors4u all of our engineered wood and vinyl floors are compatible with UFH.

Image shown looks very similar to our Walnut Oak Lacquered floor - link below:

https://www.woodfloors4u.co.uk/product/walnut-oak-lacquered-wood-flooring-150-x-3-14mm/

We also stock real American Black Walnut in plank and Parquet (Herringbone).- link & image below:

https://www.woodfloors4u.co.uk/product/american-black-walnut-oiled-wood-flooring-190-x-4-20-x-1860mm/

If you would like to discuss any flooring options please call the sales team on 020 8500 1940 or check out our website www.woodfloors4u.co.uk

• Utente-29309451
    11 giorni fa

Some people do not seem to understand how a heating system works. Just because your room temperature is set at 21 degrees, it does not mean that the heating source measures 21 degrees. A standard radiator can be as hot as 60 degrees.

So my advice would be this:

1. Never take advice from anyone who doesn't understand how heating works .

2. Form versus function: how something works is always more important than how it looks.

3. Beauty is never worth suffering for.

4. There are plenty of flooring systems designed to be laid over underfloor heating. Use one.

• Isla Cherry
    11 giorni fa

Speak to Nu heat or to Warmup.

Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".