Houzz Logo Print
webuser_641778753

What backsplash for kitchen please…

Zak
16 giorni fa

Hi everyone I would like some advice please. This is a render of our kitchen and we were thinking of getting the backsplash in the same material as the worktop.
But then we thought should we tile the backsplash instead?
Any thoughts, ideas, inspiration would be greatly appreciated!
Many thanks

Commenti (7)

• PRO
    Luxe Ltd
    16 giorni fa

My preference is run the worktop up as a splashback. It looks much cleaner and is far more hygenic as you don't have the grout lines which always need cleaning.

With the style kitchen you have posted it is quite common to use glass as a splashback too however you will likely find that if you have quartz tops then it will be cost effective to have a quartz splashback too as they may be able to get it out of the same slab.

• Jonathan
    16 giorni fa

My preference would be the Quartz

• Juliet Docherty
    15 giorni fa

Just something to consider. This is only a digital render but try to consider the colour and warmth or coolness of the upper cupboards against the colour and warmth or coolness of the worktop. If one reads a warmer than the other and they are equal in terms of lightness then they might clash. Cool worktops and off white warm tiles or cupboards are tricky.

Additionally, any under counter lighting - get the best you can, with the highest CRI rating. LEDs vary greatly in light quality and temperature.

• Isla Cherry
    15 giorni fa

I would run the same material as the worktop up the walls, no question. Your kitchen is contemporary and tiles will not be slick enough.

• madeleine_brown8
    15 giorni fa
    Ultima modifica: 15 giorni fa

Agree worktop material over tiles but have you considered a mirrored splashback? It really gives an illusion of space and brings in light. (Image courtesy Roundhouse)

• PRO
    Black and Milk | Interior Design | London
    14 giorni fa

Hey Zak! There's something timeless about matching the backsplash with the worktop. It creates a sense of continuity and makes the kitchen feel more expansive and cohesive. However, tiling the backsplash opens up a world of design possibilities. It's a chance to inject some personality into your kitchen and create a focal point that reflects your unique style. Ultimately, the decision comes down to your preference and the overall aesthetic you're trying to achieve. Good luck!

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".