Houzz Logo Print
webuser_441210676

Advice needed on engineered wood stain

Vedanta Shamnath
il mese scorso

Hello friend, appreciated the help here.

I hired a deep clean service that I suspect left some chemical that stained my floor. When I left the apartment it wasn’t there. When I returned the crew was finishing up and I noticed a liquid spilt on the floor, it was clear and oily like. After I wiped it off it left a stain mark that is lighter than the original colour. If wiped with wet cloth it becomes dark, and as it dries it goes back to light. Would anyone know what happened? The owner claims nothing his crew had could have done this. Appreciate thoughts!

1st picture was a before, 2nd is after when it’s wet, 3rd is when it’s dry.

Commenti (7)

• Catherine
    il mese scorso

Is there any depth to the mark? It almost looks as though something has either abraded the surface layer (is it a lacquered finish?) or maybe even a high temperature has removed the top layer - and exposed the ‘raw’ wood underneath which would explain why it went darker when wet and lighter when dry??

• Jonathan
    il mese scorso

That isn’t the same shape as a liquid spill making me think is is not a chemical mark but actually a heat mark. Could hair straighteners or similar been put there?

• Lily Luna
    il mese scorso

It sounds like the chemical spill may have caused a reaction with the floor finish or material, resulting in the stain and color change. Without knowing the specific chemicals used by the cleaning crew and the type of flooring you have, it's challenging to pinpoint the exact cause. If the cleaning crew used a product unsuitable for your type of flooring, it could have caused damage or discoloration. Discuss your concerns with the deep clean service provider and see if they can offer insights or solutions. Contact a professional cleaner or a flooring expert to assess the damage and recommend appropriate solutions.

• PRO
    Woodfloors4u
    il mese scorso

As per the comments looks like chemical (bleach-type) spill. Having a word with the cleaning company to foot the repair bill doesn't sound too unfair, though will depend on the circumstances.

I would advise asking a company like https://www.morrells.co.uk/ who stock a number of products that maintain floors and repair floors. Also maybe worth having a specific flooring fitter take a look first.

If you need replacement planks we likely stock the flooring www.woodfloors4u.co.uk

• Jo Bloggs
    il mese scorso

Looks to me like the shape (and size?) of a nozzle from a tube of silicone sealer or similar. Not sure if that helps

• PRO
    Ark W.
    24 giorni fa

To remove stains from your wooden floor, try rubbing the wax firmly with a sponge. This gentle but effective method can help lift the stains without damaging the wood.

some tips

• PRO
    Ark W.
    24 giorni fa

To remove stains from your wooden floor, try rubbing the wax firmly with a sponge. This gentle but effective method can help lift the stains without damaging the wood.

some tips

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".