Houzz Logo Print
neepoppraisehim

Mirror size for master bath vanities

DJ H
2 mesi fa
Ultima modifica:2 mesi fa

The total width of the vanities is 96” and the sit down middle vanity is 24” and the other two are 36” each.

The light switches on the right are limiting what size mirror we can install. If we stack the switches, i.e. two on top and two on the bottom we can squeeze in a 30” mirror and then frame will be touching the light switch cover and the outlet cover.

Or we thought about putting in two 24” mirrors over each sink and one 30" in the middle over the sit down vanity and we can keep the light switches as they are.

Another option is one large mirror over the whole space. I have not cared much for these but if we had a frame that would help.

Commenti (16)

• Donna Wasylyszyn
    2 mesi fa

Perhaps 2 large oval mirrors would fit around the switches better. In the middle makeup vanity I would use a small lighted makeup mirror that sits on the counter, and install a lovely piece of art above and between the 2 oval mirrors.

• Yvonne Martin
    2 mesi fa

Where will the sinks be? Centered on the cabinets or just over the doors? How wide are the sinks?

• ptreckel
    2 mesi fa

I would suggest a full wall mirror, un framed, with inset lights. Framed full wall won’t work because of right switches too close to door. Perhaps switches could be lowered or consolidated?

• DJ H
    Autore originale
    2 mesi fa

@ptreckel. I agree a full mirror would be best. Perhaps the outlet could be moved to inside the vanity. And the light switches could be stacked. I don’t really want a full wall mirror without a frame. Thanks for your suggestions b

• Theresa Peterson
    2 mesi fa
    Ultima modifica: 2 mesi fa

Go with a large mirror the width of your vanity ... definitely frame it.

Add mirror-mounted sconces or pendant lighting.

This option isn't trend-driven like the smaller mirrors that're popular right now, and the larger mirror is more functional: gives you a good view of yourself /your whole outfit. Also bounces more light into the room.

• DJ H
    Autore originale
    2 mesi fa

@ Jan Moyer - your suggestions to turn the outlets and put them into the backsplash might have saved my bathroom! Thank you!!!

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    2 mesi fa

You are welcome: ) Not hard to do, and not only do the receptacles look better, the higher riser looks far better than the standard 3 /34 ....yawn.

Get with your electrician, trim guy, counter fabricator, asap

• acm
    2 mesi fa

(I think she meant to turn them 90 degrees, too)

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    2 mesi fa

The 5 Ps: " Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance"

There is no way to address the wrong location for the switch box combined with the sinks other than establishing a tall backsplash

If there's a kneehole, then we can assume this if or doing makeup. You can't have a mirror located on the wall and expect to use that for any face painting. You require a portable mirror for makeup.

• PRO
    Diana Bier Interiors, LLC
    2 mesi fa

Yes, Bev, proper planning is crucial in any kitchen or bath renovation. Unfortunately, too many homeowners don't know what they don't know, and have no real plan.

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    2 mesi fa

I MEANT turn them 90 degrees indeed!...... sideways, not vertical as the usual install: ) Sorry, I am laying out tile at my desk lol

Thank heaven the op knows she doesn't want tilted and listing receptacles !

• DJ H
    Autore originale
    2 mesi fa

I met with our builder and we found a solution I’m comfortable with. I’ll post pictures when it’s finished. We are moving 2 of the light switches to another wall and using a light switch like the picture attached. And we are going with a 6 inch backsplash and putting two outlets in the backsplash on each edge of the vanity. Thanks everyone.

• PRO
    Coates Design Architecture + Interiors
    2 mesi fa

There are a lot of good ideas about mirror placement here, but the main issue is lighting. A "vanity," as the word denotes, should promote beauty, and that comes not from the mirror but from the lighting. You need eye-level lighting on both sides of where you will be standing. It could be incorporated into the mirror. But get that organized first and then arrange the mirrors. You will thank yourself later ... in the mirror.

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    2 mesi fa

They should not be that budget thing you are showing, but use Dacor or Lutron, please?

• PRO
    Ambiance Atlanta
    2 mesi fa

Have you considered flipping the switched to the outside. Meaning, you can use the stacked switches and then flip the light switched 180 degrees to be faced in the room behind it? Just a thought.

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".