Houzz Logo Print
sarah_strelzik

Help with family room wall

I need help decorating this super tall wall in my family room. I’d love a space to put books and picture frames, but I’m worried shelves will stick out too much. The doors lead to a playroom. Any ideas are mich appreciated!

Commenti (4)

• kandrewspa
    3 mesi fa

Custom fit shelves that go from the perpendicular wall to the door trim would look great, but since the space is symmetrical, you could also just buy white shelving units and put them on either side of the door. They're usually only 12-15" deep, which I don't think would be too deep. The top of the shelves should be even with the top of the door if built-in and lower or the same height if stand alone. The wall space over the door in high ceilinged rooms is usually ignored these days because in general, a tendancy toward minimalism is more popular than a busy look. After you have shelves see how you feel about the empty space. You can always repost with an updated picture if it still bothers you.

• jck910
    3 mesi fa

Pictures of all 4 walls would be helpful along with a floor plan with dimensions, windows and doors marked. The room looks narrow so I would say no to any type of built ins.

• PRO
    Annette Jaffe Interiors
    il mese scorso

It might be a good idea to look at some built-in options. Are you able to add more images of the room? They don't necessarily need to go all the way to the top of the wall. Here are just two ideas from a few designs below.

North Shore Family Home · Maggiori informazioni

Manhattan Contemporary · Maggiori informazioni

• PRO
    Michelle Yorke Interior Design LLC
    il mese scorso

Would you be open to doing tall shelves or some type of built-in shelves. Here are a few of the designs we have done:

Issaquah Modern Family · Maggiori informazioni

Bellevue Penthouse · Maggiori informazioni

Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".