Houzz Logo Print
jennie_dahar

Options for Non-slip hard floor good for pets and people

Jennie Dahar
6 mesi fa
Ultima modifica:6 mesi fa

Hello, we are remodeling our entire first floor and are looking to change to an easy to clean but safe floor. The house currently has carpet in 50% of the first floor and engineered hardwood/laninant plank in the kitchen and dining room. We want it to be one clean surface. The issue is we have large dogs and older humans. One dog cannot confidently walk on the floor without losing his footing leading to the placement of runners…and the same can be said for the older prople ocassionally. we would like to avoid having rugs everwhere that also act as a trip hazard. We were wondering if pergo wood is good or if there is a particular brand/type of flooring that has traction but is easy to clean. Thanks

Commenti (9)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    6 mesi fa

You have laminate do people or the dog have an issue with it pergo is just laminate. I love my LVP we have 3 huge dogs not one slip for any of them one is quite old . I am 77 not finding the floor slippery but I wear shoes or slippers all the time . IMO mats are a bigger issue than the floor they are a tripping hazard. Traction in a flooring will aslo trap dirt and make cleaning a real PITA You can get paw covers for dogs can't remember where I saw them. My floors are 16 yrs old they are in our walk out basement where the dogs have free run to a huge dog run in all kins of weather Quick sweep or mop up make the floors look like new.They ar eold school LVP called Allure from HD

Jennie Dahar ha ringraziato Patricia Colwell Consulting
  • Jennie Dahar
    Autore originale
    6 mesi fa

It seems like the LVP and laminate plank we have encountered do not have deep enough texture to prevent slipping. i don’t know if hand scraped wood could privide enough traction or a more natural stone/tile with thicker grout lines. i have thought of cork but that can damage too easily and i even considered “quartz carpet” but i am not sure if that would work or be desirable in a ”normal” house.

• Jennie Dahar
    Autore originale
    6 mesi fa
    Ultima modifica: 6 mesi fa

Maybe the stuf we got from home-depot just wasn’t up to par, i will have to re-check the various LVP and laminate options

• PRO
    May Construction, Inc.
    6 mesi fa

LVP as stated previously by others is a good choice. It is pretty durable depending if you get a higher quality one. It’s easy to clean up. We have had quite a few clients place that in their homes who have large dogs. They have found them to be durable and have enjoyed them. You can definitely find ones that look like hardwood too if that is the style and look you are wanting.

Jennie Dahar ha ringraziato May Construction, Inc.
  • Jennie Dahar
    Autore originale
    6 mesi fa

Paul F. just out of curiosity, do you know what brand of flooring you have?

• Kendrah
    6 mesi fa

Large dog owner here and have only ever had real hardwood floors. Our current ones are vintage herringbone. At a certain age we have to start putting on their feet dogs socks with puffy treads, like the kind you wear in a hospital. Same for old folks too.

Jennie Dahar ha ringraziato Kendrah
  • PRO
    DeWayne
    6 mesi fa
    Ultima modifica: 6 mesi fa

Any of the Daltile products with Stepwise would be a good choice for maximum slip resistance, as well as the ability to withstand any amount of wear and tear, with zero effect.

https://www.daltile.com/why-daltile/innovation-and-technology/stepwise

The Saddle Brook wood look tile can even be used on the exterior, around pools and other wet areas. Or, as flooring for a curbless shower, with a seamless transition between room floor and shower floor.

https://www.daltile.com/products/Wood-Look/Saddle-Brook-XT

• Paul F.
    6 mesi fa

Lions floor ‘lotus clove’

Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".