Houzz Logo Print
webuser_92403985

Window brand recommendations

Utente-92403985
l'anno scorso
Ultima modifica:l'anno scorso

Hey all, thanks for a great forum!

I'm in the process of choosing windows for our remodel, which is basically new construction (we dont need replacement windows)

Can anyone recommend the window that is the best value for the money?

we want a nice thin profile, solid quality material and workmanship and hope to enjoy them for a LONG time without issues. we'd also prefer black.

which brand is my best bet?

I got quotes from sierra pacific, windsor and marvin, but my baseline is anderson 400.

by researching windows, i'm feeling afraid to go with anything!

hope to hear some words from the wise!

Commenti (12)

• stm25rs
    l'anno scorso
    Ultima modifica: l'anno scorso

I'm currently selecting windows for a new construction build, and it is by far the most stressful selection we're making.

Where is the house located? Do you have pictures of the house as it is?

As far as best value for the money, that depends on what you value. You mentioned thinner profile which might steer you toward fiberglass or aluminum, but aluminum has a higher U-value.

Utente-92403985 ha ringraziato stm25rs
  • PRO
    HomeSealed Exteriors, LLC
    l'anno scorso

Location is important for a recommendation. Some of the best windows are only available regionally, and the material and glass recommendations will vary as well.

Utente-92403985 ha ringraziato HomeSealed Exteriors, LLC
  • PRO
    Windows on Washington Ltd
    l'anno scorso

Yep...where you at?

And then...what style of home and material are you looking for?

Utente-92403985 ha ringraziato Windows on Washington Ltd
  • Utente-92403985
    Autore originale
    l'anno scorso

thank you for your responses

we live in nj

black exterior, wood interior

casement

no pictures yet ;) its gotta be built

i'm going for a classic timeless look with a bit of modern elements

lap siding

@millworkman why would you knock sierra pacific and windsor? what do you dislike about them?

i looked at the elevate series from marvin and it is definitely and costly option compared to the others

• PRO
    Zapata Design, LLC
    l'anno scorso

A lot depends on your budget as well. Can you check with others in "your neck of the woods" that have installed new windows? Or the bids you have from your vendors? I would suggest to see those jobsites/homes for yourself, or get direct referrals from previous customers to make sure you are getting the bext type of window for your home. As was mentioned before, "Location is important for a recommendation. Some of the best windows are only available regionally, and the material and glass recommendations will vary as well."

I like Milgard Ultra windows, and have had many happy clients with that - (we live in the PNW).

Utente-92403985 ha ringraziato Zapata Design, LLC
  • PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    l'anno scorso

WeatherShield Windows.

Utente-92403985 ha ringraziato BeverlyFLADeziner
  • lucky998877
    l'anno scorso

I've had Andersen 400 black/black windows for a couple of years now (casements and fixed only), LOVE them! We chose to do drywall return in the inside to keep the profile slim.

Utente-92403985 ha ringraziato lucky998877
  • millworkman
    l'anno scorso

S/P and Windsor are known to have mediocre at best quality control, fit and finish, performance, and customer service. Other than that, they should be fine.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    l'anno scorso

You certainly should have elevation drawings from the architect at least share those. I have used Andersom 400. I use Kolbe often since I do mostly contemporary design and like a black metal window both in and out.

Utente-92403985 ha ringraziato Patricia Colwell Consulting
  • PRO
    Windows on Washington Ltd
    l'anno scorso

Kolbe and Marvin will both make a nice window that can have a black exterior and wood interior.

Utente-92403985 ha ringraziato Windows on Washington Ltd
  • Utente-92403985
    Autore originale
    l'anno scorso

thank you all so much for your responses!!

Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".