Houzz Logo Print
webuser_892565158

Please Help! I don't know what to do with my bathroom!

WMPKY
l'anno scorso
Ultima modifica:l'anno scorso

My current bathroom is just not working for me anymore and I am trying to make some minor updates but not sure where to start.

I would like to paint the room but not sure what color - I've thought about olive/hunter greens and many versions of white but not sure what would work the best with the undertones I have in my floor and shower tile.

The cabinet hardware is new, as is the shower curtain rod so I plan to keep those but I do not want to replace the shower fixtures, which are chrome. I would be open to changing the sink faucets (currently chrome), mirrors, and the vanity lights (currently chrome).

I also plan to paint the crown, walls, and possibly the ceiling all the same color.

I'm not a fan of the tile floor so I would like it to blend in well as we may change it to a french oak style LVP at some point in the future.

I have three bathrooms that look like this bathroom (same color scheme, fixture colors, and hardware, along with my laundry room so whatever I do, I plan to replicate in the other rooms.

Anyone have any ideas??

Thanks!

Commenti (15)

• WestCoast Hopeful
    l'anno scorso

I would change the mirrors, shower curtain and maybe paint. All else looks great.

• Utente-996389822
    l'anno scorso

Maybe try wall art or a shower curtain with a pop of warmth plus the cold gray/white. I agree that the brassy rod looks out of place.

• Utente-996389822
    l'anno scorso

Or wallpaper the ceiling?

• yumelizabeth
    l'anno scorso

I would think about more colorful art and a different shower curtain.

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    l'anno scorso

A deeper paint color could change the mood o the room. The shower curtain needs to be replace.

• pricklypearcactus
    l'anno scorso

I'm sorry you're not loving the bathroom. I think the tile work is gorgeous! In my opinion, the shower curtain rod and vanity hardware is clashing with the silver mirrors, faucets, and light fixtures. You could possibly leave the shower fixtures alone, but I'd swap out the others so that it's consistent. Consider a white shower curtain too as the current beige tone is clashing.

As far as paint, why do you want to paint the trim and the walls the same color? You have nice trim in the room and it seems like it'll be a lot more blah all painted out the same color.

What you have right now in terms of tile (gray/white) and fixtures (white) can go with so many colors. Do you want something bold and moody light forest green? Or do you want crisp and clean like white? It's a very personal preference.

• RedRyder
    l'anno scorso

If you can find faucets that complement the hardware and shower rod,that would be my first suggestion. Two simpler mirrors with thinner frames would also look more modern. A new light fixture for sure.

And definitely look for a shower curtain with a fun pattern that has some gray and/or green. Maybe something floral? Or geometric?

I personally love the color of your walls, so if that’s the first thing you want to change, I have no suggestions. :)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    l'anno scorso

IMO the shower curtain is all wrong . I too love the wall color .

• Maureen
    l'anno scorso
    Ultima modifica: l'anno scorso

Based on wanting flooring to blend in/potentially replacing with french oak, I’d consider the overall feel and how to best complement. I find the wall color doesn’t connect the bathroom/is a bit harsh and perhaps a softer shade wouldn’t feel as prominent and other features will become more appreciated. SW Window Pane, or something similar, is a lovely color and I think better complement bathroom.

The mirrors and lighting will be the next most important updates.

I’d use a textured white shower curtain and would replace the generic grey art (consider the potential french oak flooring in choice).

It’s a shame to duplicate in other bathrooms and in laundry room. There are so many options: white, light or dark grey, cream, greige, another green, list goes on, including wallpaper. If you would like suggestions, maybe start a post for laundry room and perhaps powder room.

• RedRyder
    l'anno scorso

@Maureen posted great examples of new mirrors. Do those first and then reassess. Her paint color suggestion is also spot on.

Please don’t duplicate this bathroom 2 more times. Each bathroom should relate to the spaces near it - your guest bath should complement your guest room, etc.

• PRO
    Soul Interiors Design, LLC
    l'anno scorso

You might look into a new shower curtain and maybe new mirrors. Below is a bathroom design we did for a client which might inspire you more.

Spa Inspired Guest Bathroom · Maggiori informazioni

Spa Inspired Guest Bathroom · Maggiori informazioni

• PRO
    Margery Wedderburn Interiors
    11 mesi fa

The shower curtain color is really the only item that doesn't seem to work well with the rest of the space. Since you have white items in the bathroom and not beige items, we think that is the only switch that needs to happen.

Vero Beach House · Maggiori informazioni

Contemporary Home · Maggiori informazioni

• katrina_ellen
    11 mesi fa

The shower curtain rod needs to be chrome, the curtain white.

• Susan Davis
    11 mesi fa
    Ultima modifica: 11 mesi fa

I found some pics on Houzz that might inspire you?

If you have three bathrooms they can all have a different 'feel' but be tied by a similar color. It can be the same color in each bathroom but going pale pastel in one to bold in another depending on your desire.....to choose a color I would select from colors already existing in your home and really a color close to eacj bathroom.

The pics represent colors and degrees of intensity and metal options. Looking only at the graphics and then you choose the colors and finishes to complete the room. I am talking too much. Have fun with the pics for inspiration.

1. Bold in paint and wall paper but again endless possibilities for the bath.

Lots of energy.

East Village · Maggiori informazioni

2. This bath is the exact opposite of above but painting a white that works as one of the colors in your tile only changing the fixtures makes a statement and you could only change the vanity fixtures and put in plate glass to open the room. Tres chic. This could highlight your beautiful tile/stone work in the room.

Monochromatic

3. Accent wall says it all.

Only on color accent against a neutral paint

Glass House · Maggiori informazioni

4. And of course basic Black which is the highest contrast with white, and therefore the most drama....love the simple painted mirrors which saves money for new lights and the chrome fixtures are already in place; another way to save.

Deep dark bold.

Traditional Bathroom · Maggiori informazioni

Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".