Houzz Logo Print
buenprovecho

Baking with the AGA 48 inch Elise induction range

Claudia
l'anno scorso

Hello all,

I thought I'd go ahead and start a separate discussion in regards to baking with the AGA Elise 48 in. induction range. I know there's a bit of a learning curve, so it seems like a good way to share our experiences with it specifically when it comes to the ovens.

As I mentioned in a previous discussion:

The main thing I’ve learned is that the smaller oven size allows for more heat retention, which in turn can mean faster baking times. My rule of thumb at this point is to either start the oven at 25 degrees less than the recipe calls for, or reduce the baking time. It’s a bit of trial and error at the beginning with the ovens, but for us it’s been worth it. We really do love our AGA Elise for its aesthetics and performance.

Also, I did have to replace my half sheet pans. I now use Wilton baking sheets that I purchased at Target.

I appreciate everyone who's shared their experience with the ovens in other threads!

Commenti (5)

• Riviela
    l'anno scorso
    Ultima modifica: l'anno scorso

Thank you. it is good to mention the cooking sheet in the aga manual . i have been following this.

• Blue Wren
    l'anno scorso
    Ultima modifica: l'anno scorso

I'll be following this thread closely. I really want the induction top but we can't get the Elise with an induction top in Australia (only in gas because we are apparently hell bent on destroying the planet). When I rang the people who import them here I asked why they weren't available in Australia when they are available in New Zealand. The woman very helpfully told me that New Zealand was another country and that they would have to have it approved for use in Australia (so? They do import the very ugly Classic with an induction top, I can't imagine it's much different). It was and is a blatant lie because Australia and NZ have an agreed shared electrical standard so anything approved in NZ would by default be approved in Aus. What it comes down to is that Australia always has to be the rubbish version of NZ. She also told me that "induction is a niche market" :)))). The Elise costs $16K here. It by definition sits in a niche market. It also seems bizarre that you can't get whatever configuration you want given that these stoves are made to order. Not sure you'll appreciate my rant, or maybe you will ?;).

• Chelsea
    il mese scorso

I have been baking up a storm with my new mercury. Bread, cookies, cakes, bagels. It is a little trial and error getting the temp/time correct. I was hoping this thread would have more info. I have found that lowering the temp by 25 degrees and checking on what I am baking halfway into the requested time seems to work pretty good.

Claudia, have you figured at the perfect temp / time for bread? I need to pay more attention when I bake, haha! :)

Claudia ha ringraziato Chelsea
  • Claudia
    Autore originale
    il mese scorso

Hi @Chelsea! I do exactly what you do when baking. I typically lower the temp by 25 degrees, and if it’s a new recipe I’ll check the baking halfway into the requested time.

I haven’t baked any bread yet, aside from quick breads like banana bread. I do end up covering the tops of some breads with foil to prevent too much browning. I don’t typically bake with convection, so I suppose I could use the bottom heating element only (in left oven), but I’ve never tried. Might need to give that a trial run next time I bake!

What type of bread are you baking?

• Chelsea
    il mese scorso

Just traditional yeast loaf bread, for the most part. I've tried it in both ovens. With the multi function oven, I tried the conventional oven, it browned the bread to quickly. I've been using the convection oven, but it definitely cooks fast. So I'm always worried that it will be doughy in the middle. Have had great luck with cookies, they are way easier to tell if they are done or not.

I tried the bottom element only while baking a cake, it didn't work that great. I don't know what I was thinking, I just set on that one without looking at the manual. The manual says that function will " crisp up your pizza or quiche base or finish off cooking the base of a pastry case on a lower shelf. It is also a gentle heat, good for slow cooking of casseroles in the middle of the oven or for plate warming." Maybe my shelf was to close to the bottom.

I have had my oven since October, I still haven't figured it all out. Any tips, tricks or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".