Houzz Logo Print
dane_villabilobos

What type of floor would you suggest for this area?

Dane Villabilobos
l'anno scorso

Hello all,

I can't seem to figure out what type of flooring would be best suited for this area. I am stuck between tile and wood. Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated! The area in question here is the carpet.

Commenti (8)

• ptreckel
    l'anno scorso

A continuation of the wood into this area would look great!

• PRO
    Construction Elements
    l'anno scorso

I would consider tile since the room has an exterior door and especially if you have a pool or pets. Just to protect the flooring from traffic in/out of that door. Hope this helps!

• kandrewspa
    l'anno scorso

What is this room going to be used for and what part of the country are you in? Tile floors are used more in the SE and SW parts of the country. In the north you would be more likely to find wood, although the previous poster's comment is a good point.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    l'anno scorso

What is the space but IMO the same flooring you alrrady have next to it .

• PRO
    Mae Day Organizing and Interior Design
    l'anno scorso

We agree with Patricia. Matching the wood floor that is already there would make the room feel bigger and more congruous. A doormat outside and a remove your shoes, please, Policy is always great with wood floors or any floors for that matter. Although not always possible. Lumber liquidators is a great place to go to for wood flooring of all kinds. As asked earlier; what is your plan for this room?

• Dane Villabilobos
    Autore originale
    l'anno scorso
    Ultima modifica: l'anno scorso

We were hoping it could be a lounge area/informal dining area. A couch, bar, it can be anything really. The fact that the sliding door goes out to the pool makes it nice to hang out in there.

• likestonehomes
    l'anno scorso

As others have said, match to the current flooring. We had hardwood, with pool, kids dripping wet, dogs and cats. No issues, but we did have plenty of towels handy so puddles would not be left forever on the floor.

Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".