Houzz Logo Print
rmizzi

wall or no wall at end of kitchen bench

l'anno scorso

Hi All,
After your opinion on if we should have a wall at the end of the kitchen bench or leave it open. We have a large window at the kitchen.
Thanks

Commenti (16)

• PRO
    l'anno scorso

Having a wall here would enable you to also add additional features like floating shelves, artwork etc to really complete the space. It would separate the kitchen from the dining area more as well, to make it really noticeable of being a separate space.

• l'anno scorso

Personally I would have it, noting you have a walk in pantry and other places for kettle toaster etc. I would actually extend the bench to the dotted line and maybe continue joinery across into dining space. It looks cramped stopping at end of window and not balanced with island and family room

• l'anno scorso

Same, include the wall but extend to the dotted line to give a better balance when looking into the kitchen - the island will look more centred. A thought, you could extend lower joinery on the other side of this wall to create a buffet for your dining room that connects visually, you could use identical cabinetry or the same profile & handles but in a different colour.

• l'anno scorso

Thanks very much for your comments

• l'anno scorso

Would you extend the bench and more the window across too, or would you have a full height cupboard?
    Markup of the full height cupboard
    I’m mindful of how much my builder will charge 😬

• l'anno scorso

I’m just having another look at kitchen. The elevation B show one tall window visible from family room. What the view from this window. The kitchen seems so unbalanced when viewed from family room
    Would it be better to have windows below cupboards

• l'anno scorso

Large window will overlook a feature tree
    Concept is like the image

• l'anno scorso

I get what you are saying.
    So many design decisions to think of

• l'anno scorso

This was my concept for Elevation B

• l'anno scorso

The green line is the plasterboard wall at the end that I was originally questioning if needed. Box shelf added as think it finishes the edge to the window better.

• l'anno scorso

I would not put a wall there. In my opinion it will close the space and visually stop the fixed window being the feature.

• l'anno scorso

Your inspiration photo has no wall on the side. Looks wonderful.

• l'anno scorso

And that photo also has the bench top extended past the line of the island and looks a lot better.

• l'anno scorso

Looks beautiful. The pendant lights provide some balance for the open shelving, which being open with no upright against window add to spaciousness of window. By contrast your design is boxing in the window

• l'anno scorso

You could extend the joinery past the dining area to be like a buffet. 

I agree that the wall doesn't really make any sense unless you were going to use it as an edge for a window seat or something

• l'anno scorso

I would go without the wall, that window is a visual feature to be seen from all spaces

Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".