Houzz Logo Print
e_bartlett

Ground floor layout and rear extension help!!

e_bartlett
2 anni fa

We are planning an extension and layout re-shuffle of our downstairs. Complete gut and redo of the ground floor rear half of the house. We would like a proper utility room, french windows/doors to the back garden, a larder/pantry plus minus a kiddy snug. Are we crazy trying to fit so much in?!

The conservatory needs condemning and will need to go. We don't want to extend beyond the conservatory as we would like to keep some garden and patio. We could pinch a bit of space from the garage if necessary.

All suggestions welcome, even if it's just a scribble! Thanks for reading!

Commenti (9)

• Holly Bullen
    2 anni fa

In having a similar dilema! could uou knock through the sitting room have an extension going across from the consevatory so have a big open plan kitchen/ dining room/ kiddy room. keep the snug but have that as your utility room? im planning on doing a similar thing. my children are quite young but how long will they need a playroom for? so i thooght just having their area in the main kitchen dining area like i have sugested for you. i wil send some ohotos x

• Holly Bullen
    2 anni fa

So something like this for the ’kiddy lounge part’ so not so kiddy! but could have all toys away in cupboards. then can also keep an eye on them!

• Holly Bullen
    2 anni fa

• PRO
    VC Design Architectural Services
    2 anni fa

you need an architectural designer! ( wink emoji)

• PRO
    VC Design Architectural Services
    2 anni fa

You need an architectural Designer (wink emoji)

• PRO
    Y STAR construction ltd
    2 anni fa

I'd you need a builder please contact Y star construction ltd  my phone number is 07498111535

• annabellaamy
    2 anni fa

I'm no architect but this may give you a start. There are lots of options on doorways/windows etc.

• rinked
    2 anni fa

Is the current snug single storey?

• rinked
    2 anni fa

Extension in this layout is 3.3m deep, just like the previous conservatory. Instead of creating separate small rooms, I turned the former snug into a utility playroom and took just a little bit off the garage as 'plant room' (vacuum can go there as well, door is on the utility side). No pantry, but an abundance in kitchen storage space. Hope it may inspire you and feel free to let me know if you'd like to see more.

(to return a favour paypal.me/rinkedit)

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".