Houzz Logo Print
gary_arnold95

Looking to skim a wall and ceiling

Gary Arnold
2 anni fa

Hi,

In UK, which jointing compound for skimming interior walls? I have popcorn ceilings and a couple of walls need tidying up.

Commenti (6)

• Daisy England
    2 anni fa

Skimming a wall isn't a job for the average person even with DIY experience. You really need a plasterer in to ensure it’s all level or else it will show out and you will find yourself constantly looking at it. When it’s painted it will show up any unevenness.

• Gary Arnold
    Autore originale
    2 anni fa

Yes I get that, but willing to try it. Watched a lot of you tube videos and doesn't look to difficult. Will start on small section of wall.

Anyway, as per question. Anyone recommend a jointing compound?

• Sonia
    2 anni fa

You think watching YouTube videos will make plastering easy? My stepson is a plasterer and he attended college to learn his trade and after that it was practice, practice, practice. By all means have a go.

Gary Arnold ha ringraziato Sonia
  • Daisy England
    2 anni fa

First of all you have to unibond it. As the unibond is just going tacky then you skim it. Any cracks need to be taped with joint tape prior to skimming. The joint tape is called scrim and is a plastering tape. As Sonia says it takes years of experience

• User
    2 anni fa

Jointing compound for walls and ceilings? Do you mean filler or plaster. Plaster is used for skimming, but I have used Polycell SmoothOver which works quite well.

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".