Houzz Logo Print
jrdr653

We have a 3’x5’ single hung is this an issue?

jrdr653
2 anni fa

Will I have to worry about the window leaking on back wall or should I install a smaller window?

Commenti (4)

• felizlady
    2 anni fa

A properly installed good-quality window of any size will not leak unless left open during a storm.

• PRO
    Arizona Designs Kitchens and Baths
    2 anni fa

You will need to make sure your window is rated for a wet environment. Not all windows will function well in the shower. Your pics window supplier can pint you in the right direction there. Also, as was already said, proper installation is key. It is nice to have the light of a larger window. Something else to confer, if you are using the shower a night, even textured or frosted glass will allow those from the outside to see shadows and silhouettes.

• felizlady
    2 anni fa

To avoid silhouette visibility at night, you could install a shorter or higher window with the sill at shoulder height. We did that when remodeling our bathroom.

• jrdr653
    Autore originale
    2 anni fa

Thank you both for you input. Either way it looks like I will be replacing the window.

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".