Houzz Logo Print
lormer

Is this lamp a good fit?

lormer
2 anni fa
Ultima modifica:2 anni fa

Design opinion on the blue/green glass lamp. Expense is a factor so can't replace the tables or sofas but needed a new lamp and got a great price on this one. The previous one was one inch shorter, but I can't decide if the is lamp is too large for the table/space. I have tried smaller lamps, but they seemed lost on the table. Or is this lamp just not a good fit entirely, color- wise and size? Having a hard time finding something I like that isn't super expensive.

Commenti (9)

• PRO
    GJ Gardner Homes Denver
    2 anni fa

If the shade had been dropped down a bit it might work, but it seems like it's just a tad too high for the space.

lormer ha ringraziato GJ Gardner Homes Denver
  • tedbixby
    2 anni fa

I think if you keep the black lamp, it makes this lamp look too large. Have you tried it where the black lamp is? I think if you keep it you need to get sofa pillows that have that aqua color, too, to pull it together. Are you getting a coffee table?

lormer ha ringraziato tedbixby
  • khrisz
    2 anni fa

I realize there are shades of blue in your art, but the first strong impression I get is a blue lamp that does not blend with the sofas.

lormer ha ringraziato khrisz
  • PRO
    Eco Method Interiors
    2 anni fa

The blue lamp seems a little tall and would be better on a table that is against a wall as opposed to in the middle of the room. I think it compliments your art nicely and a blue rug, pillows, or curtains would help it look more in place.

lormer ha ringraziato Eco Method Interiors
  • decoenthusiaste
    2 anni fa

lormer ha ringraziato decoenthusiaste
  • lormer
    Autore originale
    2 anni fa

That was may first thought - it is too tall, and the color is off. I’ve researched the proper height lamp for the table, and tried several, but can’t seem to find one that looks right. Feel like it needs to be something with some visual weight. Any suggestions appreciated.

• User
    2 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 2 anni fa

I wish I could say I liked it, but I find it a bit ”blowsy” — like an overdressed, too ’zaftig’ lady flouncing into a sophisticated gathering with 70s bouffant hair — ;)

Your art and stripes argue for a more angular direction. Don’t know if these are still available, but to give you some idea of what I’d be looking for:

Signature 1 Light Table Lamp in Antique Brass · Maggiori informazioni

33" Free Form Iron Table Lamp, Antique Silver Leaf · Maggiori informazioni

New Kirk Table Lamp, Old Brass Finish, Silver Hardback Fabric Shade · Maggiori informazioni

Fangio Lighting's #1531 34 inch Dark Silver Metal Table Lamp · Maggiori informazioni

Cyan Design Sarda Table Lamp · Maggiori informazioni

• lormer
    Autore originale
    2 anni fa

I agree with your description…thanks for the suggestions!

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".