Houzz Logo Print
mymaillittle

I need help. We have a 5 bed house kids are all gone and downsizing.

Frieda Little
2 anni fa
Ultima modifica:2 anni fa

We are selling and downsizing. The master bedroom is decorated but the other 4 bedrooms are empty. How do I style them. The rooms are not large. Should I do kids rooms and a baby room as one of the bedrooms is small. What do I put in the rooms.HELP Please.

Commenti (7)

• User
    2 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 2 anni fa

Do you have beds , drawers , bedspreads , etc ?

My suggestion is just go tidy and simple , but with 1 thing in each room to catch peoples attention -- by that I mean have a bed or two , bedspreads and pillows , drawers but also something on the wall or floor that people will focus on . I wouldn't go too young ( no cot etc ) or too old ( a grandmother chair , macrame wallhanging and a framed newspaper front page of 'World War One declared today' ) .

If you have art in other rooms , maybe move it around , or get a $15 A0 poster frame from K Mart or similar , and an appropriate $10 poster for each room ( or a $300 abstract if you have one , or want to buy one for your new place ) , rugs if you have them -- basically look like people could move straight in .

I had a flatscreen 55" TV that stopped working , and put it on-line for $5 thinking someone might want it for parts -- a building company bought it to put in a showhome so people could get an idea what the lounge looks like . I'm not suggesting that for a bedroom , but just outlining the idea that people want a 'visual' -- a potential buyer goes 'oh yeah -- that looks nice' rather than 'I wonder how full that empty room will be once I add a bed and drawers and desk and . . . . . '

• me me
    2 anni fa

The estate agent should be able to give you an idea of the demograhics of potential buyers. Perhaps the smaller bedroom could be styled as a study.

• macyjean
    2 anni fa

Where are you planning to source the styling?

My take on styling for sale.

It works when it makes me think . .

'ah, I see how furniture can fit in this space, it looks really comfortable and appealing'

or

'I would have been concerned about the distinctive materials or features which would be expensive to replace but I can see with this styling how it can work well'

It doesn't work when it makes me think . .

'LOL, styling by numbers, there's the potplant on top of the vase on top of the book on top of the cushion on top of the tray on top of the throw'

or

'the orchid on the vanity is spectacular but I see the water damage at the base of the vanity'

Of course you want to show your property to best effect, but first do whatever maintenance might be needed, and then identify what it is you want to convey with your styling.

What do you have to work with? Do you have curtains, are there picture hooks in the walls, are there built-ins in each room?

• Daphnemaria Sch
    2 anni fa

If you have animals in the home air it out, people go by what they smell too.

• PRO
    Cordony Group
    2 anni fa

Have our team come out and see your property and give you a quote!

• dairy_maid
    2 anni fa

I sold a 5 bedroom. Styled master nicest. Then 2 others with queen and double bed both with desks and then 2 smaller bedrooms with single bed with side table and a chair and one big bold fluffy toy. After the open homes the toys were always in a different place showing kids buy in. Worked well. So beg and borrow. I accesorised with cheap flash decor pieces and lamps from sales. Got 30% more than expected. And scrupiously clean. Have cupboards 1/3 empty. Flowering garden plant on both sides of frontdoor. But yes full staging works wonders too. Good luck

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".