Houzz Logo Print
kimmie014

Still Looking for an Area Rug

Kim White
10 anni fa
Hello my fellow Houzzers, as you can see I'm still looking for an area rug for my family room. I've been away for a while summer vacations, etc. but now I'm really looking to change out my old one, which has seen better days, with a new one. I found this rug (7'10) yesterday and I'm not sure if it will work. I would love your input before I go thru all the trouble of removing the old one. What do you think?

Commenti (93)

• RosemaryR
    10 anni fa
    Looks great
  • 2irishwoman
    10 anni fa
    I love your new chairs and pillows, but the rug is not quite right...on the right track, but seems a tad busy with the chair pattern.
  • Kim White
    Autore originale
    10 anni fa
    Well, I just purchased a chair for the living room. I think I might need two chairs or maybe something next to the chair, it seems a little bare. When i purchased the chair it looked light grey but now it seems cream, similar to chairs in my sunroom. What do you think? I decided on a light grey rug, I'll add a pic of it.
  • anne dee
    10 anni fa
    Chair looks nice.
    I'd opt to choose the rectangular pillow with the Paisley ? print for the new chair.
  • Kim White
    Autore originale
    10 anni fa
    I've always had the hardest time choosing pillows. This is the rug I'm thinking about, I'm waiting for a larger size.
  • Kim White
    Autore originale
    10 anni fa
    What should I put next to the chair?
  • decoenthusiaste
    10 anni fa
    Something large enough for a cocktail or cup of coffee and rectangular.
  • Melissa E
    10 anni fa
    A tree stump end table like this one would look really great in your room/house! And no, I am not joking.
  • PRO
    Maguire
    10 anni fa
    No dark wood unless it has a glass or mirrored top. How about one of those ceramic stools?
    Modern Coastal Beach Grey Oculus Garden Stool · Maggiori informazioni
  • kathy
    10 anni fa
    what about these side tables? Rattan or seagrass drum table
  • Faye McGriff
    10 anni fa
    Love your new chair! Looking good!
  • abbyjean
    10 anni fa
    You must have changed your mind on the rug from 6 days ago, huh? I really liked that one and thought it was the keeper. GREAT choice in chairs and bet hubby likes this one a bunch!
  • abbyjean
    10 anni fa
    Can you slide the table by the floor lamp over to the chair? Would it be missed too much where it is now?
  • sondramartina
    10 anni fa
    I liked gray and white rug better than this one
  • PRO
    Kathryn Peltier Design
    10 anni fa
    That rug is great! It has the same feel as the first one you posted, but the larger pattern and more subtle color just nail it. As for what to put next to the chair. I would go with a taller, open leg table, and if you could find an oval to mirror the rug pattern all the better. All of your furniture is either to-the-floor or very low-slung, so I wouldn't repeat that again (although otherwise I like some of the ideas posted) I'm thinking of something like the table to the far right in this photo
    Gabby 6 Sophisticated: Transitional Side Tables and End Tables · Maggiori informazioni

If you don't feel you need another table, how about a floor lamp? I would imagine you could use some ambient light in this grouping at night.
  • abbyjean
    10 anni fa
    Would you want two floor lamps so close to each other since there is one at the end of the sectional?
  • PRO
    Kathryn Peltier Design
    10 anni fa
    Oh, no I didn't notice that. It's really tucked into the corner and not really a part of the seating group. It might be worth having a floor outlet installed so a light fixture (whether floor or table) could be moved next to the seating.
  • PRO
    Maguire
    10 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 10 anni fa
    I didn't see the floor lamp or the boxy end tables, now I don't like my ceramic seat suggestion. You have enough cubes in there, go with something with legs. But I think using the end table that's at the end of the sofa and moving it over to the chair works. Unless you want to lighten the room by getting the table Kathryn suggests, and take the other out. It's a pretty one!
  • Kim White
    Autore originale
    10 anni fa
    Out looking at tables, what do you think?
  • PRO
    Maguire
    10 anni fa
    The second one, with 4 legs, is best. Are they all the same height?
  • User
    10 anni fa
    There are already 3 tables in this space. 2 end tables (one on each end of the sofa) and the coffee table. Enough tables;) Put in a stylish basket for magazines;) something for a little color;)
    Marcella Tote - Aquamarine · Maggiori informazioni
  • PRO
    Maguire
    10 anni fa
    I agree with Margo. Are you planning on taking one out?
  • Kim White
    Autore originale
    10 anni fa
    I agree, I don't need another table. I know my husband would appreciate a magazine holder. I will continue to look, I'll keep you posted. Any ideas would be appreciated.
  • abbyjean
    10 anni fa
    I just thought that rectangular one by the sectional would fit so well with the side of the new chair and carry the dark wood over there, too. What fun to have sooooo many choices!

It just seems like if I were to sit in that chair that I would love to have a table to put my glass/cup/book on as it is not close enough to the coffee table and it would help give it a bit of presence there, too. Maybe the basket could go where the table is now at the end of the sectional......love that idea of having one of those in this room.

Just looked again......maybe the coffee table IS close enough for the chair to use.
  • dlanier1
    10 anni fa
    I think that the original trellis rug that you posted was fine. I also think that it worked with the chairs. My opinion; move that side table that is at the end of the sectional and put it between your original chairs, add floor to ceiling window treats and viola you're done.
  • PRO
    User
    10 anni fa
    I love the new chair too! Love the lime green accents and I think either rug is fine! Pick what you love...don't settle just because we make comments...there are a wide variety of opinions, but you are on the right track to a beautiful room. Now, think about what is making you the happiest and GO FOR IT!!!!
  • Kim White
    Autore originale
    10 anni fa
    I totally agree...I really need to trust my own instincts. I am so busy being meticulous and aesthetically correct that I forget that it is really about what we (hubby and I) love. That being said, I love all of my Houzzers comments, it makes this process fun.
  • Kim White
    Autore originale
    10 anni fa
    As I wait for the new rug to arrive, I started playing with the arrangement of the living room. I'm not sure if the table and lamp works next to the chair, what do you think? We have a problem with local light in the living room, I'm trying to keep the chord out of the way.
  • Laurie Tillett
    10 anni fa
    My opinion is that the patterned rug is too light for the space...and too similar to the pattern on the chairs. Try instead for one with more curved lines instead of the geometric, and more brown/tan in it.
  • mickeee
    10 anni fa
    Kwhite014, where did you get those dining chairs? I love them!!
  • Kim White
    Autore originale
    10 anni fa
    Just received my rug, I am so excited!
  • abbyjean
    10 anni fa
    And you should be excited! Look at this room! Look at your home! AHHHH!!!!!!! Happy Hour!!! Happy Dance!
  • Kim White
    Autore originale
    10 anni fa
    Hi Mikeee, I created my dinning room chairs, if you look at my past discussions you can see how the transformation came about. It was truly an adventure, I stained my old set and changed the fabric.
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    10 anni fa
    Nice. Good job. Love the gray.
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    10 anni fa
    Your room is now perfect.
  • abbyjean
    10 anni fa
    Um, yes, the dining room was quite the adventure!!!! And look at it now!
  • Ann
    10 anni fa
    Looks great - all the rooms you've worked on!
  • PRO
    Maguire
    10 anni fa
    Such a creative, inviting home. You've done a great job! Enjoy now! (Or are you starting on something else?)
  • Kim White
    Autore originale
    10 anni fa
    It's nothing left!
  • Kim White
    Autore originale
    10 anni fa
    Mikeee, I came across a picture of my dinning room set before the transformation.
  • Faye McGriff
    10 anni fa
    Looks really good! Great job!
  • RosemaryR
    10 anni fa
    It looks great, now enjoy.
  • PRO
    User
    10 anni fa
    OOOhh...did your heart leap for joy? Then it the right rug! SO happy you found it at last!!! Never settle.
  • mickeee
    10 anni fa
    Kwhite, you did a stunning job in the dining room!! And, I love how you've put together the living room - it looks perfect!
  • mickeee
    10 anni fa
    Where can I find your discussion about the dining room transformation? Thanks!!
  • PRO
  • Suzanna Sebesteny
    10 anni fa
    Coming late into the thread I have to say fantastic job. What I love the most is that your place is so not cluttered! There is nothing that detracts from the beauty of your furniture and house. You're my kind of gal.
  • mickeee
    10 anni fa
    Hi again Maguire, thanks for sending the link to the dining room project. That transformation was fabulous!
  • Faye McGriff
    10 anni fa
    Thanks Maguire! I just read the whole dining room thread and enjoyed it very much!!!
    Kwhite014, you have done an amazing job and your home is beautiful! Congratulations !!
Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".