Houzz Logo Print
philippe_stewart

Speed ovens...Good or Bad?

Please tell me about your experience with these items (please share brand/model/year). I'm considering one of these units but the consumer info available online is all over the place.

Alternatively I'm looking at a microwave/oven combo which also have reviews all over the place!

Commenti (8)

• delray33483
    3 anni fa

I had a Miele unit in a previous house and liked it. Quick pre heat

That being said, all we really used the MW part was for melting butter, reheating leftovers and coffee, I would buy the combo steam/convection oven now. More cooking options fro fresh food and you can reheat food as necessary as well

• Philippe Stewart
    Autore originale
    3 anni fa

Same brand? Any experience with other brands of combos?

• delray33483
    3 anni fa

I would look at eh Miele again for s CSO )convection steam oven). I have had good luck with their appliances in a few homes.

• PRO
    Diana Bier Interiors, LLC
    3 anni fa

I've had a GE Monogram speed/convection/microwave oven for over 6 years. We use it all the time, more than the regular oven. It cooks meat and fish very quickly, reheats pizza with a crispy crust, and does all the regular microwave things well too. We don't bake in it but I think you can do that too. The only issue is that the wheel that the turntable sits on has these little mini-wheels that wear down and you can't replace just them. We've bought 2 replacements for the turntable wheel in 6 years for about $75 each, so a bit annoying, but cheaper than buying a new oven! Oh and it's the 240volt not the 120volt, which I've read is underpowered.

• wdccruise
    3 anni fa

If you're considering a GE Advantium oven (referenced above), note that it sells what is essentially the same oven under both its Cafe and Monogram brands at prices ranging from $2873 to $3600. And the GE Profile PSB9240SFSS ($2603) which has different controls.

• Susan L
    3 anni fa

I have a GE Profile Advantium, bought in 2016 and it is great. Love the speed cook option, it can do cresent rolls in 5 minutes, cinnamon rolls in 8, baked potatoes in 5. We did salmon fillets in 7 minutes tonight for dinner. This is from turning on the oven til done; there is no preheat needed. Everything has come out great. We use the microwave a lot, too. I've not used the convection oven.

I have the 240v version, which as I remember got great reviews. The mixed reviews were for the 120v which is not as fast or powerful. I wouldn't recommend that.

I have the over the range version which costs less. I moved it from my last house but don't use it over the range. Instead I had it installed at the same height as my cabinets. It is open underneath but with a trim at the bottom so it looks like a built in oven.

• M
    3 anni fa

We have the Miele Speed Oven. It made a lot of sense for us, as we wanted the additional oven, but didn't want to sacrifice the extra space for a microwave. Also, very happy that this gets us a microwave without a turntable. The turntable always feels like a poor use of the available space.

We do use the speed function on occasion (works great for potato dishes). But it's not really the selling point for us. The fact that it puts both a microwave and a fully functioning oven into the same physical space is what's most important to us.

We also have a combination steam oven and another big gas oven in the range. The steam oven is much more useful and in fact we use it daily. If I had to give up one of the appliances, it probably would be the speed oven. Having said that, we frequently cook large multi-course meals and all three ovens are in use when we do.

• nycbluedevil_gw
    3 anni fa

We have a 36 Blue Star gas oven and a 24 inch Miele speed oven in our city apartment. I love the speed oven since as M says, it combines an oven and a microwave in one small appliance. The speed oven fits a 9x13 pan, so it fits a lot.

in our country house, where we are going to redo our kitchen, we are looking at a speed oven again. We don’t have space for wall ovens so any oven must go under counter and I don’t want a separate microwave. So there is only space for two ovens—one under the cooktop and one in the island. I will address only the 24” models because I don’t think a 30” is necessary as a secondary oven, at least for us And we must install undercounter.

The Miele speed oven that I have in the city, and the one that I plan to buy (the 6100) has knobs which makes it easy to program without bending down so is a good choice for undercounter installation. it doesn’t have a turntable, which is an advantage over the Wolf. I think the Bosch 500 is underpowered—it’s only 120v.. And the Advantium 240v is not supposed to be installed undercounter. So the Miele wins.

A steam oven sounds like a great appliance too, but in our case we don’t have room for it, and can’t give up the microwave.

Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".