Houzz Logo Print
kt_maloney

Barstools

Love the barstools, where are they from ?
Beach Style Kitchen · Maggiori informazioni

Commenti (13)

• Sara Osterhaus
    3 anni fa

I second the question. The barstools are amazing.

• lkloes
    3 anni fa

@McMullin Design Group: how’s that $100 “research fee” working for ya? Why do you promote your business here and at the same time reply so condescendingly to a legitimate request for information?

• lkloes
    3 anni fa

@Kathryn: google “leather and brass bar stools” and you’ll find quite a few. It looks like Wayfair, Perigold, One Kings Lane all have some. Good luck with your search.

• Patricia Bell
    3 anni fa

@lkloes I have no problem with McMullin Design charging a nominal fee to research the answer. Maybe you’re new to Houzz? If so, you will see that it’s common for many people to comment on a design photo with multiple questions about different things in the photo… Where did you get the barstools? Where did you get the hood? Where did that rug come from? What kind of flooring is that? Who makes the pendant lights? And on and on.

Companies put their photos on Houzz to promote their services and their company, not necessarily to sell the individual elements of the design in the photo. I own a business and I can appreciate where this designer is coming from: it takes time to go back through a project and find out where a particular item came from. They have to pay that employee for that time. I think if a person is serious about finding out exactly where something was sourced, they will gladly pay a nominal fee to get that information. I know I would if it was important enough! That eliminates wasting time on “tire kickers” - people who just take two minutes to type a question from a keyboard. Those barstools are very high end and likely were custom-made. Guarantee you will not find anything like that on Wayfair, LOL. If you don’t want to pay to research the EXACT answer, then simply type in ‘brass and blue leather barstools’ on Google and take your chances LOL!

I thought it was very professional and considerate that they answered the question at all. I spend a lot of time on this website and I can tell you that many designers, architects, et al do not even answer these questions 90% of the time. Especially when people don’t bother to read previous questions & answers and ask the same question over and over (pet peeve 😒😒).

• lkloes
    3 anni fa

Not new to Houzz. Thanks for the long , unnecessary explanation of how Houzz “works”. LOL right back at ya. Other pros are much more gracious.

• PRO
    The McMullin Design Group
    3 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 3 anni fa

Those pros must have endless time on their hands and like to work for free. As for my team of fifteen- we have had a 6 month wait time for new clients for over five years. So everything is working out just fine for me. If you would like me to stop what I am doing for my hourly billable clients to look of something you may or may not purchase from me, well, there is a fee for that. My job is to research and find products and put them together in a meaningful and gorgeous way for my CONTRACTED clients. I like to get paid for that work....do you like doing your job for free? I sure you don't. And thank you @Patricia Bell for clarifying! Much appreciated.

• Patricia Bell
    3 anni fa

@lkloes: Well, I did feel the need to respond to your two comments above, as I felt that YOU were the one being condescending and rude! The pro took the time to answer the question and give a REASONABLE process on how she could assist a reader who had an interest. Whether you agree or not, it didn’t really require your snark, accusing them of doing something wrong. Maybe you’ve heard the saying ‘time is money’? 😉 Many people don’t realize that what designers & architects are “selling“ is their actual intellectual property. I see a lot of people who treat Houzz like the pros are at their beck and call. I have done a LOT of remodeling over the years, and if I had my eye on something special, I would gladly pay $100 to get the specific source, especially if I couldn’t afford to hire that designer to do my whole project. Depending on where you live, and your budget, Houzz can open up a world of access to amazing inspiration from top pros that you might otherwise never see....but it usually will involve you having to do the legwork and homework on your own if you can’t hire the pro. Please, be nice & fair. Have a great day!! PS, @McMullin: FABULOUS and fresh color scheme! Love it! 👏🏻

• PRO
    3 anni fa
    • @Patricia Bell THANKS! People just don't get it- they see the final result and don't realize how much work was put into a space. That house alone was six bedrooms and it took us 1-1/2 years to complete- over 600 man hours of our design time from construction through decoration....and I'm supposed to remember a friggin' bar stool without digging through my old furniture invoices- all $350,000 worth of them. Cracks me up though, I think I know who the vendor is and if I am right they are VERY reasonable for a bar stool. I stopped doing free work five years into my twenty year career. My degree in Interiors was expensive and it is not a hobby- free work is for when you are building a portfolio, obliviously I am way past that stage in my career. I am also obviously done working with likes of people like @ikloes. We call that type of behavior a red flag and we just kindly say no. I agree, Houzz is a great place to be and I pay to advertise here- so I have no other obligation than that.. There is always one who thinks they know it all.
  • lkloes
    3 anni fa

Yo McMullin you might want to remove the PRO seal from your name as you hardly sound professional. 😂

• PRO
    3 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 3 anni fa

@Ikloes and clearly you are a professional troll.

• Patricia Bell
    3 anni fa

@The McMullin Design Group since @lkloes has so much time (and apparently expertise), maybe you could “hire” them for free and turn over all the questions about the items in your projects to research at no charge for interested people on Houzz? That would be them putting their actual money (none) where their mouth is, LOL. I, for one, don’t regret having participated in this discussion. Maybe it will help future people who find this thread to better understand a realistic process when using Houzz to source items for their own projects. During my last couple of remodels I spent endless hours on Houzz and on the Internet sourcing… because my budget fell somewhere between, “on a budget” and “able to afford some special touches here and there”. Unfortunately I was not in a position to hire a pro like yourself to do all the legwork for me, but by paying attention and doing my own research, I was able to find some amazing tile, a custom range hood, and countertop that made my project turn out gorgeous! Best wishes to you in all your future endeavors! 👍🏻

• Patricia Bell
    3 anni fa

”Before“ photos (previous owner’s decor)

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".