Houzz Logo Print
georgiapeach_1970

Need a little help here for cabinet ideas

Hey y'all! Finally leaving the 80's behind. Getting rid of soffits and cabinet doors will be taller. Painting off white w/new shaker style doors.
Hang with me ;I have alot of questions!
I have the option of taking doors to top or having smaller doors on top(I will include photo ideas )
I'd like to add a little interest with maybe some glass front doors? I like the pic of corner door w/glass.
Will smaller doors above look too busy?
Should I keep a shelf at end of cabinets(as I have now)or just continue w/doors?
We'll be replacing existing range hood with decorative one to match cabinets.
I need ideas for over-sink area.
Should I replace pendants over peninsula with a single fixture?
I like oil rubbed bronze hardware but does brushed nickle look best w/stainless appliances?
I did my best to take a panoramic view of kitchen.
Any ideas appreciated. Please no negativity.

Commenti (11)

• GeorgiaPeach 1970
    Autore originale
    3 anni fa

Here are my inspiration pics

• GeorgiaPeach 1970
    Autore originale
    3 anni fa

Also,may need to replace backsplash if upper cabinet tear out damages it.
    I like the tumbled stone but any ideas are welcome. Does glass look too contemporary with shaker cabinets? This is a country house.

• megs1030
    3 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 3 anni fa

You can have glass fronts on your doors with tumbled stone. BUT I do want to caution that a tumbled stone B/S is somewhat outdated.

• GeorgiaPeach 1970
    Autore originale
    3 anni fa

@megs1030,I'm open to new backsplash.
    What do u like with this darker Santa Cecilia granite and off white cabinets?
    I've never cared for subway tile.

• megs1030
    3 anni fa

@GeorgiaPeach 1970, I don’t see a picture attached...

ETA: There are so many pretty tiles out there. Speaking from personal experience, tile is the last thing you’ll select for your kitchen makeover. I’d wait until your counters and cabinets are installed before selecting. But if you cannot wait, Take a sample door and a piece of granite with you to a tile shop and look around. I’m not a huge fan of plain white subway, but there’s so many more updated styles to choose from, you just need to look around.

• GeorgiaPeach 1970
    Autore originale
    3 anni fa

I will be keeping my existing granite.

• PRO
    iCabinetrydirect.com
    3 anni fa

It's hard to tell in the pictures but it looks like your ceilings are pretty standard height. I would suggest going with taller cabinets to give the illusion of higher ceilings. As you can see in your inspiration for stacked cabinets, they have pretty high ceilings. The shelves on the end are great and always add character and a custom look, same thing with the glass. I would leave the area over the sink open, it will feel lighter with the window being the focal point of that wall.

• GeorgiaPeach 1970
    Autore originale
    3 anni fa

@iCabinettydirect,yes we have 8' ceilings.
    So u think just one taller door?
    What do u mean by leaving it open on window wall?

• GeorgiaPeach 1970
    Autore originale
    3 anni fa

Oh I read that wrong. U meant uncluttered with maybe no window treatments and maybe lose the pendant?

• PRO
    iCabinetrydirect.com
    3 anni fa

Window treatments depend on your personal preference, but yes I meant to go without the trim around the window. I think it would let more light in. Something like this...

Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".