Houzz Logo Print
mokedout

Kitchen cabinet colors with 2 different quartz countertops

mokedout
3 anni fa

How to go about choosing a color when there are 2 different countertop colors? The dark brown quartz (Belenco Mocato Brown) countertops have white cabinets and the white quartz (Sarstone) countertops have brown cabinets. I would like to paint the cabinets. Not white or grey. I also STRONGLY dislike the backsplash. I can not afford to remove it so I will have to live with it or go with a peel and stick solution. I also want to change the pendant lights. Initially, I was only going to paint the dark cabinets and leave the white cabinets as is but I changed my mind.

The kitchen is open to the dining room, which is open to the living room. I also have to choose a wall color. I want the space to be bright and colorful but I can tend to over-do it and would like some ideas.

Commenti (5)

• PRO
    iCabinetrydirect.com
    3 anni fa

Are the cabinets wood? If so, refinishing them to a natural wood could look really beautiful with both color counters, and it would give you the freedom to play with color with the walls/decor.

• darbuka
    3 anni fa

You’re right on, about the backsplash. Changing that...when you are able...will make a huge difference. I would leave the cabs as is, until you can make that change, as the backsplash is intrinsic to the color scheme. Fortunately, you have plenty of natural light, so the few dark wood cabs do not “suck the light out of the room,” as is so often said on this forum.

Suggestion...get light rails for the base of the cabinets, to obscure the view of the under cab lights.

• luscious111
    3 anni fa

Absolutely what darbuka said. Start with the backsplash. What you have there now is too bossy and is the focal point.

• Natosha Jacobs
    3 anni fa

Looking so nice.

• herbflavor
    3 anni fa

I'd just paint the uppers at the side by wine fridge ..white to match the back wall of cabinets....this will make a difference and the other areas can remain white/dark in fact it is a space that can handle the two finishes. Replace backsplash if you can . Once you get some stools for seating that will help the appearance along that backside. Do you plan to use the seating area? So if minimal use, I'd still get stools.

Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".