Houzz Logo Print
webuser_307876750

Unsure on living room arrangement

jamie windley
3 anni fa
Ultima modifica:3 anni fa

Hello

We are refurbishing our house. We have just finished the kitchen area and now finally moving on to the Living area. This is our first house after moving from a Flat, so we have a lot more space than we are used to.

The predicament is that we are not quite sure what to do with the space on the right hand side of the Living Room.

I have attached our Homebyme design. The TV and Corner Sofa positioning is final and will not be changed, it is our home cinema area.

Will it work with the two seater sofa by the window as in the plan? We could then move it round to the TV area if we had multiple guests wanting to watch TV. In general, the social area will probably be in the kitchen/diner.

Or, does it look strange having that pink two seat sofa the other corner of the room?

Any opinions much appreciated.

Thanks

Edit: No children yet but hoping to start a family soon.. Perhaps we should use that area for kids toys and stuff

Commenti (5)

• pjdklm
    3 anni fa

I don’t see any living room storage in your plan. I would encourage some built in cabinetry be incorporated, eg cupboards or bookcases. That will be especially important if the area becomes a playroom later... you’ll want to be able to tuck toys away at night.

• PRO
    The Kitchen Lady UK
    3 anni fa

I really like the layout of the rooms you've designed. I agree with @pjdklm with storage. I think this could be a lovely reading area for now with a dresser with a mix of open and closed storage for books, ornaments and later, toys. the sofa is a lovely idea for moving for friends, perhaps a large armchair would be a little lighter to move and take up less playing space later? you've clearly got an eye for this so I'm sure it will look lovely

• PRO
    Elizabeth Bee Interior Design
    3 anni fa

Hi Jamie, I think I would be inclined to move the pink sofa so that it faces the corner sofa to create a more cohesive space and one which feels more connected. A large rectangular rug would centre the space and connect the two seating areas. You could put an arm chair in the window area or have a large feature house plant or a small table and a couple of chairs?

Have you thought about removing the wall to create a larger lounge? You could still have the corner sofa here which will create a zoned area, but it would feel more open plan. If this is not an option, how about using this space as an office area, which incorporates lots of storage?

• jamie windley
    Autore originale
    3 anni fa

Hi Elizabeth, thanks for your suggestion. Do you mean like this? Still looks a bit odd to me. Also not sure which wall you are referring to. The wall the tv is against is the external wall of the house.

Also, doesn't have to be a pink sofa, I thought it just looked nice against the teal curtains.

• PRO
    Elizabeth Bee Interior Design
    3 anni fa

Hi James, yes this is what I meant. I’d make the rug wider so it sits under the L Shaped sofa by half a width, creating the same space either side of the room.
    It will make the room feel wider. You could have a desk or large sideboard in the extra space if you open it up. However, it might be best to keep this room separate if you want more storage as you could have it built in along wall one wall.

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".