Houzz Logo Print
tom_foster9542211

Help with chimney breast space

Tom Foster
3 anni fa

Hi all,

We moved in to our new home March this year and we are slowly getting there. We have 2 chimney breasts downstairs, one in the living room where we have fitted a log burner and another in the dining room which has an alcove, we are struggling to come up with ideas on what to put in it or what to do with it, I have attached a few photos below (excuse the flooring we are in process of having it relayed) the dining table sits
opposite the alcove. Any help would be much appreciated.

Commenti (8)

• PRO
    HomeMood Interior Design
    3 anni fa

Hi Tom, congratulations to your new home! You can put some glass or wooden shelves in the alcove (for the plates, glasses etc.) with hidden LED strip lights or turn it into a display cabinet if you are a collector. Another idea is to put a minibar in it; or if you like drinking coffee after lunch and dinner you can create a small coffee bar there. Above the alcove hang an artwork on the wall or use other paint colour to make it a feature wall.

• Utente-395000348
    3 anni fa

I've put decorative logs in mine.

• PRO
    Sara Slade Interiors
    3 anni fa

You could put a faux wood stove, with a faux flue pipe in there.

• Natasha McLenahan
    3 anni fa

A plant; group of lanterns with candles; logs; or go wacky with a fish tank ;)

• peggysue67
    3 anni fa

Wine rack?

• Ruth House
    3 anni fa

We had all our awkward oversized children's books in ours at previous house. So you could fit a lovely wooden shelf and have 2 lots of books in that space.

• Sonia
    3 anni fa

Here’s some ideas from Pinterest

• Jen
    3 anni fa

A bioethanol stove?
    Some look just like a traditional woodburner, others more contemporary. The advantages for your dining room is that they’re freestanding - no venting required - make no mess, and are very controllable. They won’t put out as much heat as your real log burner, though.

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".