Houzz Logo Print
vickismith1986

perfect paint color for house with yellow stone?

Hello and so excited to get some ideas. First time here. Bought house a few months ago, and we need to paint and do some work....the rock is pretty yellow, with gold undertones. I have driven around looking at homes, and looked online too, but no great ideas. I love gray and white homes, and I like darker paint, but I need to match the stone so.... This home was built in the 90's and sometimes the paint looks taupe, and sometimes it looks purplish

...I think it would look fantastic with the right paint and trim color. Any ideas out there?

Commenti (17)

• Sammie J
    3 anni fa

Match something to your the darker stone - you could even go a few shades darker than the stone for the siding. Then, choose a lighter tone from the lightest stone for the trim. That will give you some of the contrast you seem to like. Choosing a grey paint would be tricky with the shingle and stone colors....

vickismith1986 ha ringraziato Sammie J
  • PRO
    Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
    3 anni fa

White/off-white or ivory would work.

vickismith1986 ha ringraziato Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
  • PRO
    Beth H. :
    3 anni fa

that current color on there is too lavender, which clashes w/the gold tones.

You'll need a yellow based white or gray if you want to use those colors.

have you thought about using Romabio on the stone and lime washing it? It's easy to use, and if you don't like it, can be hosed off within the first few days.

why not get a sample and try it?

vickismith1986 ha ringraziato Beth H. :
  • thinkdesignlive
    3 anni fa

It’s hard to tell what your window frame color is. Does that match the siding color or is it different?

vickismith1986 ha ringraziato thinkdesignlive
  • thinkdesignlive
    3 anni fa

And it’s a good thing your roof and stone color play well together. That’s a good thing. Finding a nice warm light paint that works with the stone will be easy - but better pics of existing window will definitely help.

vickismith1986 ha ringraziato thinkdesignlive
  • vickismith1986
    Autore originale
    3 anni fa

I forgot to mention-I want to change all the trim to match the new paint color selected, so the entire house will look different once we get the paint and trim color.

• vickismith1986
    Autore originale
    3 anni fa

Thank you all! I am not sure how to respond to you individually, but thanks! I had no idea you could change stone color. The roof is newer, but the windows will be replaced and the trim around the windows will be painted too. I did not know if there was such a thing as a "warm gray" that might work with the yellow stone.

• Marylee H
    3 anni fa

vickismith1986 ha ringraziato Marylee H
  • vickismith1986
    Autore originale
    3 anni fa

Thanks all for the color specific ideas-I see a lot of beautiful colors and color combinations! Thanks for sharing your talent and vision. :)

• Elaine Ricci
    3 anni fa

Not a pro. I think that a shade of blue might complement the yellow stone.

vickismith1986 ha ringraziato Elaine Ricci
  • vickismith1986
    Autore originale
    3 anni fa

Thank you all! I will try some samples, and try the Sherwin Williams app that lets you paint on a photo.

• ci_lantro
    3 anni fa

I think that the first one Beth posted, Feather Down, looks like it would pair very nicely with the color of the stone.

vickismith1986 ha ringraziato ci_lantro
  • Little Bug
    3 anni fa

I like Feather Down too. It would be a vast improvement on the current taupe.

vickismith1986 ha ringraziato Little Bug
  • vickismith1986
    Autore originale
    3 anni fa

Thank you all. Three votes for the BM Feather Down. Would you recommend white trim with that color? Painter allows for three colors.

• PRO
    Picture KC
    l'anno scorso

Following this thread I tried the Romabio limewash recommendation and it is absolutely perfect! I just wanted to say thank you to @Beth H. : for the input!!

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    l'anno scorso
    Ultima modifica: l'anno scorso

Picture KC, that came out really nice! as a suggestion, I look into the Romabio masonry for your chimney brick. do the same color as the siding. the Masonry line can be tinted any color. Once that orange chimney brick matches the same off white, it will be perfect! (oh, and look into an AC cover if you're not planning on doing a fence

Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".