Houzz Logo Print
ruthann_05

Nice reno of a small bathroom - Can you share some measures?

Ruth -Ann
3 anni fa
My parents urgently need a reno. Their bathroom is quite small and we're hearing that we need to borrow space from the adjoining bedroom. No one is in a chair yet but my dad needs one for showering to avoid falls. It is similar layout to this project which could be inspiration if similar dimensions.

1. Are you able to indicate the dimensions of the bathroom and between shower and toilet?
2. What are the dimensions of the shower?
3. Do the shower dimensions allow for comfortable access and turn around of the chair?
4. Do you know how much splashing out onto the main floor they had to deal with? How much did the sloping help minimize that?

If we were local we would ask you for a quote but we're up in Winnipeg, Canada. This is a bit stressful so any help you can provide is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Aging in Place Bathroom in Friendswood, TX · Maggiori informazioni

Commenti (2)

• PRO
    Midtown Cabinetry & Designs
    3 anni fa

I am happy to help where I can.

1. I don't have the exact dims anymore but the wall back of the toilet to the shower is about 4 feet.

2. shower is 36x60" there was a bathtub there before.

3. with the shower curtain pulled back there is enough to turn a wheelchair. But this is also because we were able to recess the shower and have no threshold. Some foundations will not allow this.

4. They have a shower curtain, to hold splashing down a little but the homeowner knew that water may get out on to the floor some and had a squeegee to clean water back into the shower drain. This was also to help her clean up if her mom made a mess around the toilet. the slope does help because the shower curtain is over the sloped area.

I hope this helps you with your situation.

• Ruth -Ann
    Autore originale
    3 anni fa

Thank you, this does help. It'd be so nice if there was something between curbless (requiring a shower curtain) and very low threshold that allowed use of a 2-way sliding door or partial wall, and making use of a removeable but narrow slanted transition strip when needed. It would be good too if newer builds considered aging in place more often. Anyway, thanks again. Now I know why moving the wall of the adjacent bedroom seems to be the answer to get some extra space.

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".