Houzz Logo Print
cherie3151

Landscape and curb appeal.....HELP PLEASE!!!!!!

cherie3151
3 anni fa
Ultima modifica:3 anni fa

Please help!!!! We just bought a new home in Michigan. We would love to get some landscape/curb appeal suggestions. Also looking for front door color suggestions as well as ideas for making the entrance area of our home

look more inviting. All suggestions are much appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Commenti (11)

• PRO
    Plan-it Earth Design
    3 anni fa

An inviting front walk might be a nice way to start. Your driveway seems relatively narrow, so having that as your only walkway to the front door is not a very inviting experience.

Consider reducing the lawn and creating nice generous beds around your existing trees, but leave access to the lawn in areas along the entry path. It's very inviting to have a garden experience as you enter the house, so walking through a landscaped area between the trees that opens to the house will be an asset.

Keep any plants along the house low so they don't visually consume the house.

Hope that helps.

cherie3151 ha ringraziato Plan-it Earth Design
  • cherie3151
    Autore originale
    3 anni fa

Thank you, that sounds like a nice idea. Any suggestions on which type of plants would look best? Also, we were considering removing the planter box on the left side of the door, we think it looks a little unbalanced. What do you think?

• loobab
    3 anni fa

Hi cherie-

I agree with moving that huge plantar box.

I would however put a window box under the windows on either side of the door with bright colorful flowers of different heights and textures, thrillers, fillers and spillers.

cherie3151 ha ringraziato loobab
  • emmarene9
    3 anni fa

Nice house. I see the main problem is the very pinched walk at the corner or the garage.

That must be corrected at some point,

Remove the rocks. Plants would be better.

I would relocate the planter. It is attractive but a shrub would be better, growing in the soil. Something that does not get large.

I usually like red doors but on your house it does not seem right.

This image is crude and does not show plants.

Door color is SW Salty Dog

Eventually you may want to replace the lights with something more suited to Mid Century

cherie3151 ha ringraziato emmarene9
  • jck910
    3 anni fa

I would paint the door white. Or maybe a paler gray. Just the front door should be an accent color to draw you to it. That side garage door should be white to match the trim

cherie3151 ha ringraziato jck910
  • cherie3151
    Autore originale
    3 anni fa

Emmarene9-

I really like what you've suggested! Will you please share some of your plant and exterior lighting suggestions as well? Thank you!

• PRO
    Plan-it Earth Design
    3 anni fa

I agree with enmarene9 that a small shrub in the ground would be nicer than the planter box - maybe that could be used elsewhere like the edge of a patio? I'm not in your area, so I can't really comment on reliably hardy plants there. Sorry.

cherie3151 ha ringraziato Plan-it Earth Design
  • latifolia
    3 anni fa

Is the chain link fence yours or your neighbors? Replacing that with something else, cedar, for example, would be more inviting. If you had a cottage, a picket fence would be nice, but maybe someone has photos of nice MCM fences.

• PRO
    Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
    3 anni fa

Cute house. Some option

cherie3151 ha ringraziato Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
  • emmarene9
    3 anni fa

I cannot recommend plants for your area. I will say that you don't need anything that will get large next to the house.

I don't like the neighbors fence so I would plant something that would grow tall enough to hide it.

Here are a few more streamline porch lights.

You can google MCM porch light if you want to really look retro.

cherie3151 ha ringraziato emmarene9
Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".