Houzz Logo Print
emil_kerimkulov

Please advise on the kitchen design!

Emil Kerimkulov
10 anni fa
We got this 3D from our designer. We've been thinking to make it in the Provance style. The tiles are bought. Not sure about the floors color, maybe a bit darker wood...
Anything else? Any comments are welcome.

Commenti (16)

• yoboseiyo
    10 anni fa
    that's very pretty as it is, actually.

very soft, very provence.

a darker wood floor with a wide plank would modernize it a bit, and help ground the room, but if your counter is really the purple it looks on my screen, you'll have to make sure that the floor color compliments it.
  • Emil Kerimkulov
    Autore originale
    10 anni fa
    Thank you! Yes, the counter is the "challenging" one...
  • PRO
    IDEAL CDR
    10 anni fa
    I am in total agreement with the above suggestions.
  • PRO
    Riddle Construction & Design
    10 anni fa
    Nicely done drawing., but I would assume that it is conceptual not gospel. However I would agree that dark floors will make the light cabinet contrast better. Bleached floors have been out for a long time and do not perform well for wear and tear. The countertop most definitely needs to be re-addressed for color. And also keep in mind although the chandelier is very charming, it will not put out sufficient light for a kitchen. You will want to add some small ceiling cans and under cabinet lights for proper task lighting.
  • Emil Kerimkulov
    Autore originale
    10 anni fa
    Guys, thank you very much for your notes - helps to look from a different angle and very "refreshing" after long hours look at the same picture...
  • PRO
    Ana Monssao Design
    10 anni fa
    Please consider a neutral color countertop, either white or ivory, both are classic choices. If you want to add color, do so with accessories, such as the chandelier (the white is too stark against the cabinets anyway), the window treatments, pillows, etc. I would also suggest that you consider a panel refrigerator to match the cabinets for a more elegant look. Also, please consider a different style table, something more aged and less modern. Great project, best of luck!
  • lessismoore
    10 anni fa
    What will the purple counters be made of? While the overall image is charming, I'd be more leary of the floral motif tiles in the backsplash. You say they are "bought" but have they been laid?
  • PRO
    Granite Transformations
    10 anni fa
    I like the idea of a darker wood floor, perhaps and oak plank.

The purple countertop is interesting, but I agree that something more neutral would be a better fit. I think our white star recycled glass countertops would be a really good fit for this kitchen, you can see them here- http://www.granitetransformations.com/southjersey/products/recycled-glass-countertops/colors/

Hope this helps, good luck!
  • PRO
    Center Stage Design
    10 anni fa
    I agree with a little darker flooring, need something to ground it... really everything just fades together except the purple countertop. I would strongly re-think the purple countertop.... if you EVER plan on selling the home, it would need to be changed. The purple is a very specific color... I would also re-visit the floral tiles... maybe you could display them on plate stands as accent pieces, or even groupings on top of the cabinets. You still can accent with purples if you wish, but I would not make them permanent items. You could even add a purple glass light fixture and some seat covers to tie it all together.
  • PRO
    Amaliya
    9 anni fa
    Я согласна с другими, я бы поменяла пол на темнее и столешницу другого цвета, а акцент сделала бы фиолетовым, но не столешницу.
  • PRO
    Amaliya
    9 anni fa
    А да и занавески бы тоже поменяла на другой стиль
  • btydrvn
    8 anni fa
    This room is very stylistic..it is not really for everyone...is this typical of design in your area?..will it add to re-sale value of your home? If you love it ...the changes being suggested are good..if you are questioning the design ..look for versions that have a broader appeal and more modern design elements
  • rocketjcat
    8 anni fa
    Old post 2013.
  • drememon
    8 anni fa

Is the banquette bench a radiator cover? I can't tell from the 3d. What is that apparatus above the crown near the refrigerator? An air purifier?

I'm assuming the dishwasher is hidden behind one of the panels. Where is the microwave?

I love the cabinetry, and the hood. and the curtained glass front cabinet. Really sweet, very fresh. As others have said, choose a counter that is neutral, especially since your already purchased tile is a bit fussy, though if the same as the photo, very lovely. Maybe a quartz that mimics marble? Cambria has some pretty ones.

I could definitely see some darker accents, and floor, to ground the design. Oil rubbed bronze faucet, darker chandy, etc.

No, definitely, to purple countertop.

Enjoy your kitchen. Looks so lovely and comfy.

• rocketjcat
    8 anni fa
    Old post
Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".