Houzz Logo Print
mihaela_lobontiu

Reveal molding

Hi. What moldings were used around the door and for baseboard? They created the reveal !! It looks amazing!
Bedroom Storage · Maggiori informazioni

Commenti (10)

• Mihaela Lobontiu
    Autore originale
    3 anni fa

I appreciate so much your quick answer! Is the "deep square edge notch" made in the wood molding? Where may I buy this kind of molding "with reveal"? Is yours taped by the drywall around the door?

I was looking at the Pittcon reveal aluminum profiles but it is hard to find somebody to install them.

Also, what brand/company are the flush doors? I checked other rooms from your site. The living room has the same reveal detail. Clean, flush and contemporary !! Beautiful!!

• PRO
    gne architecture
    3 anni fa

I was just at a jobsite this morning with the same details you asked about and took the attached photos. Hopefully these will be helpful to you. As will all wood trim, be sure to prime paint all surfaces of the wood prior to installation.

Regarding a flush, flat panel door, just about anyone who sells doors should have these. Always get a solid core door and get one made for painting, rather than staining.

• Mihaela Lobontiu
    Autore originale
    3 anni fa

Greg, these are very helpful!!!! Thank you so much for taking the time to take these pictures for me!

I showed them to the contractor! Thank you!!!

• Mihaela Lobontiu
    Autore originale
    3 anni fa

Greg, would you please answer this last question: how did they make the transition from the wood frame (with reveal) to the drywall? How did they cover the gap? I can not thank you enough for your help.

• PRO
    gne architecture
    3 anni fa

The "gap" between the frame or base and the drywall is left uncovered and painted. An L shaped piece of metal drywall bead is used to finish the drywall and abut the stepped piece of wood. After the bead gets taped and plastered, it gets painted as does all of the metalo trim. If needed, I can take additional photos or send a little video.

I hope this helps.

• Mihaela Lobontiu
    Autore originale
    3 anni fa

Your help is much appreciated! I explained to my contractor and he is willing to try the procedure. He is asking me if you had the wood molding ordered at a shop or did you find it in a store? If you have time, yes! A picture of phone video will be great! My contractor is not quite clear how the finishing touches are done. He said that only the metal bead does not solve the "gap" between the wood molding and drywall. No rush. If you find time, please, I am very interested how the "Contemporary detail" is done. My email is: DanielaLobontiu@gmail.com - if you need it. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your knowledge. Not tooooo many people are doing this.

• PRO
    gne architecture
    3 anni fa

The wood baseboards and door frames would need to me milled for your project and not a standard item that can be purchased.

• PRO
  • Mihaela Lobontiu
    Autore originale
    3 anni fa

I spoke with my contractor. Now, it is clear! He understood how to create the detail.

THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART !!!

Because of your patience, I can have a modern home!!! I appreciate so much your help!!!!

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".