Houzz Logo Print
kawh707

Alternate Pattern on Trex Composite Decking?

kawh707
4 anni fa

We are using Trex for a large flat deck. The trex will be installed from the house out... perpendicular to the house (because of previous posts etc.)

I find the pattern (Trex Select... the lowest cost Trex) to be pretty fake looking. We are thining of breaking it up a bit by using 2 one direction, 2 other direction etc. Here is a picture of the material as we would use it.

What do you think? (alternating 1 then 1 seemed to be a bit dizzy-making so don't want to use it that way.)

Thanks!

Commenti (3)

• calidesign
    4 anni fa

I don't know about the mechanics of using it that way over your posts and base, but the pattern will draw more attention to the boards. I would keep it simple so the focus stays on the furniture rather than the deck itself.

• porttownsend
    4 anni fa

Hi. We used that trex on a front and back porch. We alternated the grain with each board. I , like you, was worried about how it would look. But now that furniture, pots, and outdoor rug is on it, it just fades into the background. We do like the ease of cleaning and how nice it still looks.

• PRO
    TREX COMPANY INC
    4 anni fa

Thank you for your interest in Trex! When installing Trex Select deck boards we recommend installing the deck boards with the grain pattern running in the same directions on all boards. If the grain pattern is alternated when the light reflects off the pattern it can make the deck boards appear to be a different color. If you have any additional questions or we can be of any additional assistance please reach out to us at 1-800-BUY-TREX. Kindly, Trex Customer Care Team

Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".