Houzz Logo Print
kaden_cunningham

What can I do to increase curb appeal of my house?

We just painted our front door a light blue/teal color to go with the renovations we are doing on the inside of our house. I bought wood to wrap our front columns, and we plan on "squaring" them off to have a cleaner look on the porch. I need some ideas on what else we can do to help make the front exterior look better. Should we add shutters? I feel like it is very flat, so any ideas would be appreciated!

Commenti (11)

• decoenthusiaste
    4 anni fa

A new sidewalk would add a lot and would look better with the solar lights flanking it rather than outlining the house. You might even consider one with steps that winds down your sloping lawn like the one below. I think the porch could use a big remodel, perhaps a tear off and a totally new one. Only the single windows are sized for shutters and the ones on the right will probably bump into each other since the windows are so close. Delay that decision until later in the process.

Stone Steps · Maggiori informazioni

Kaden Cunningham ha ringraziato decoenthusiaste
  • Denita
    4 anni fa

In addition to the above add much more landscaping. Have a plan that includes large beds and not lined up against the house. Check the landscape sub-forum here on houzz.

Kaden Cunningham ha ringraziato Denita
  • PRO
    Construction Elements
    4 anni fa

You could also consider some additional colors to add dimension. Possibly darker facia and gutters. Some cedar touches could add some pop to the front as well - window planters, cedar shutters, cedar front porch railing and posts. Did a quick mock up on my phone (far from perfect) and it’s a little busy but showcases how a few updates can make a significant change.

Kaden Cunningham ha ringraziato Construction Elements
  • Nelly Bluth
    4 anni fa

I’m confused by your front door. It looks like you open the door and step up into the house. Am I seeing that right? I really think your first rule of business should be to fix the sidewalk and then work on landscaping.

Kaden Cunningham ha ringraziato Nelly Bluth
  • PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    4 anni fa

Your home needs a tiered retaining wall with plantings and a curved stepped/walkway to get from the driveway to the front door.

Kaden Cunningham ha ringraziato BeverlyFLADeziner
  • TBL from CT
    4 anni fa

Agree with Beverly. That slope has to be addressed or it will never look integrated. Go big (deep) with the beds so you can put in some large shrubs and smaller material in front of them.

Kaden Cunningham ha ringraziato TBL from CT
  • PRO
    Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
    4 anni fa

To all your ideas I would add updated walk way

Kaden Cunningham ha ringraziato Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
  • raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
    4 anni fa

The teal looks great with the siding color! I would paint the storm door to match, to make it stand out more. Beefing up the columns is an excellent idea also.

I don't think shutters are quite right, and not cedar, but if it is possible I would add beefier trim around the windows and do consider a darker color on the trim, perhaps a darker shade of the siding color. If it were my house I would also paint the visible foundation to match the house, and do the tiered gardens on the slope as suggested.

Kaden Cunningham ha ringraziato raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
  • PRO
    Kaden Cunningham ha ringraziato Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
  • katinparadise
    4 anni fa

I like the idea of painting the foundation to match the house and beefing up the porch posts. I would pressure wash the side walk and get out there with a shovel to try to cut the grass back off of it to clean it up. Add some pretty colored cushions to the chairs that match the door to brighten them up.

Kaden Cunningham ha ringraziato katinparadise
Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".