Houzz Logo Print
christelle_fv

New pulls? Are these too modern?

Christelle FV
4 anni fa

Hello!

When we built our house I hastily chose the kitchen pulls. Looking back, I would have liked more traditional ones, maybe black/dark. Now though holes have been created for these large pulls, non standard with other pulls. Any suggestions to replace these?

Commenti (20)

• PRO
    Construction Elements
    4 anni fa

It's my opinion that cabinet hardware is very personal choice with my clients and each project takes on a different style. The hardware that is installed on your cabinets is a very popular style and I think it works well with your cabinet style.

With that being said, if you are not happy with them there is most likely a spread (spacing of screws) available that you could find to replace with something more appealing to you.

Have you tried to measure the spacing to see if something it compatible to replace? Try checking here on Houzz in the Shop By Department / Kitchen / Knobs and Pulls. If you are still having issues check some of the larger manufacturers sites like Atlas, Emtek, and Top Knobs to see if you could find a fit.

Links:

Houzz Cabinet Hardware

Emtek

Atlas

Top Knobs

Good luck!

• PRO
    Design Interior South
    4 anni fa

We really can't tell you if the hardware is right or not. It works well with the cabinets. Does it go with the esthetic of the rest of your home? Who knows? Size? To many factors to provide anything on the information you've shared.

• Christelle FV
    Autore originale
    4 anni fa

I should have provided more information. The hardware on our doors is all black. The style is more a mix of coastal/farmhouse I’d say! I am from a seaside village now living in the prairies! Here is our pantry for example.

• Christelle FV
    Autore originale
    4 anni fa

The size of the large pulls is 256mm and the medium ones are 160mm.

• Christelle FV
    Autore originale
    4 anni fa

And here is a general overview of the kitchen!

• Utente-358063638
    4 anni fa

they make that same pull in black. no need to make changes to the holes

• Hansen
    4 anni fa

The pulls are fine, but if you want black, spray paint them.

• PRO
    Design Interior South
    4 anni fa

You have a lot of pulls. If you change them to black it is going to be very visually busy looking. Mainly on the island. I think they work as a more transitional option.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    4 anni fa

IMO they are better than black what I don’t like is the mix of the pulls with the knobs

• btydrvn
    4 anni fa

I can see that these pulls are a pretty strong statement that doesn’t really fit with the style of your kitchen...mainly because there are so many...try removing some of the tiny ones and putting one in each hole..this may work to lessen the impact if you find it comfortable to use two pulls ...

• btydrvn
    4 anni fa

Maybe only the top drawers?

• Katie B.
    4 anni fa

I’m putting these pulls in my kitchen. They’re by Top Knobs (Mercer Oculus). Many different sizes and colors and hopefully one that works for you. I think these would look nice.

• mary451allis
    4 anni fa

I love them!!! It’s easy to second guess yourself on every design choice. They are perfect with the modern transitional look of your kitchen.

• hbeing
    4 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 4 anni fa

i looove them, but of course this isn't my kitchen. Say, I wonder if they make those same pulls in clear? Or pulls w/the same screwhole distance in clear? Just a thought.

• Molly D. Zone4B
    4 anni fa

I vote for keeping them. To replace would be expensive...use money for something else.

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    4 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 4 anni fa

They look fine., although they are a bit modern looking. (you will catch your clothes on them!)

and when looking for new ones, you have to look at the hole spread, not the overall length of the handle. they do differ.

Measure the hole spread and see what else you can find in those measurements.

The Cosmas in black would look nice if you want to do the farmhouse type of look. they come in nickel too

• hemina
    4 anni fa

I agree that they will catch on your clothing. If you are replacing, then get pulls like the ones Beth posted above.

• RedRyder
    4 anni fa

The pulls you have catch on everything. Just measure the hole spacing and start looking for replacements. All black will be a bigger statement, but you don’t have to use black everywhere. I certainly would want a less modern, more farmhouse look for your kitchen. Make sure to buy ONE of any pulls you are considering so you can install it and then see how it looks in person. Then buy however many you need.

• felizlady
    4 anni fa

I would change the knobs on the double doors to simple round knobs in the same finish as the rest of the kitchen knobs.

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".