Houzz Logo Print
webuser_429012538

please help me improve the horrible curb appeal of my duplex

Alex Torres
4 anni fa

Hello All,

I recently remodeled the interior of my duplex and now is time to fix the ackward curb appeal. I dont have a big budget but I am looking for some ideas that wont require a lot of reconfiguration. I will appreciate any help :)

I have a few incomplete ideas but I am.not convinced yet. I need the place a bit more welcoming.

below is the house with a few incomplete ideas.

Thanks.

Commenti (8)

• Alex Torres
    Autore originale
    4 anni fa

Hello,

The front of the unit is on the picture. The other unit is detached and behind the front unit.

The driveway is on the right side of the front unit and the parking is in the back.

The there is actually only one door on the front, thenother door will be remove..the old water heater used to be located there.

Thank you!

• Alex Torres
    Autore originale
    4 anni fa

Also the current texture of the exterior wall is stucco. I am thinking to make it a flat or add some sidding.

• frankielynnsie
    4 anni fa

The stucco looks more appealing than the horizontal lines of the siding.

Some landscaping plants in sweeping curved beds on left side of house extending out from house with a flowering small tree would help it look more inviting.

Flowering annual bed along the little sidewalk to the door.

A light by the door.

Something decorative on the wall to the right of the door (one of those metal sculptural things) since there is no space for plantings.

• Alex Torres
    Autore originale
    4 anni fa

That's a great idea! I really appreciate!

• PRO
    Yardvaark
    4 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 4 anni fa

I think the present state shown in the first picture looks better than any of the others would look. Stucco suits the house and looks solid. A nice taupe with white trim, though, I think would look better. Other than that all it needs is some simple landscaping, a wall mounted hose reel and widen the walk.

• Denita
    4 anni fa

Great plan Yardvaark! The only thing I might do differently is paint the front door an accent color. What is your favorite color Alex? With white stucco, you can go in almost any direction.

Yellow, green, blue...or go bold with red or pink. You really have many choices available to you. Below are a couple of inspiration pics to get you started.

30 Best Front Door Paint Colors - Beautiful Paint Ideas for Front Doors · Maggiori informazioni

30 Best Front Door Paint Colors - Beautiful Paint Ideas for Front Doors · Maggiori informazioni

• PRO
    H2 XERO Landscape Design
    4 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 4 anni fa

There is nothing wrong with your house that a few plants won't fix. I saw the cactus in your back yard so this is for an arid climate. Buy small plants and they will grow to this size in 1-2 years. The yard is soil with a decomposed granite path to the front door. You can cover the soil with a wood mulch that you could probably get free from your city. Low water and very low maintenance. I hope you like it Alex.

Agave americana variegata, Golden Barrel cactus, Trichocereus pasacana tall cactus, Agave attenuata 'Boutin Blue', Aloe cameronii (short red) and a red flowering Aloe or Anigozanthus Big Red.

Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".