Houzz Logo Print
lizzie_borden44

Still Decorating Our 3 Year Old Home

Lizzie Borden
4 anni fa
Ultima modifica:3 mesi fa

Hello Dear Houzz Friends,

Still looking to decorate and make my home feel like home.

Artwork, rugs, drapery, etc. all help with that task.

I welcome your thoughts, suggestions, and advice as I go forward with adding items that will help me reach this goal.

I have searched on Houzz in the past. Whether it was to decide how to decorate a room, or what color paint to use; or what appliances to get; and much more; you all have always been so helpful.

Thank you so much!

Commenti (2,5k)

• PRO
    Home Interiors With Ease
    23 giorni fa

BEAUTIFUL!

Lizzie Borden ha ringraziato Home Interiors With Ease
  • glschisler
    23 giorni fa

Yes! That’s what the room needed! It’s a much better scale for the room.

Lizzie Borden ha ringraziato glschisler
  • lisalane
    23 giorni fa

Looks great Lizzie!

Lizzie Borden ha ringraziato lisalane
  • PRO
    Home Interiors With Ease
    23 giorni fa

Now get that amazing mirror!

• Lizzie Borden
    Autore originale
    23 giorni fa
    Ultima modifica: 23 giorni fa

Little changes make big differences, right? Thank you!! 😊

• pat1250
    23 giorni fa

YES! And the art you’ve chosen is perfect.

Lizzie Borden ha ringraziato pat1250
  • Lizzie Borden
    Autore originale
    23 giorni fa

Thank you Pat :)). I am enjoying the art so much. Flo steered me in the right choice of art. I love Monet, but I was looking at more of a square canvas which I didn't realize would not work here.

Julie also suggested going large with the art, and suggested the placement of the chairs and using 1 leaf in the table. These changes make so much of a difference. Pat, you noticed that too. I did not. I thought round was best.

I thank all of you for your suggestions, advice and expertise.

Now I need to get the craft paper, cut out 45" to test the size on the wall. Otherwise, I have to figure out (with Houzz friends help) what else may look good on the other wall.

I am also looking for suggestions for a centerpiece. I definitely need new flowers :)).

Suggestions as to either a low and long centerpiece, or tall?

• Lizzie Borden
    Autore originale
    23 giorni fa

Alright, I am not going to Hobby Lobby for craft paper. I am ORDERING THE SUNBURST MIRROR. Going to look for a Wayfair coupon LOL.

• salonva
    23 giorni fa

oh Lizzie I loved your dining room before, but yes with these tweaks (with what you had at your disposal all along) it looks even better!

The large mirror makes sense now. I think it's going to be amazing.

I will look if I still have a wayfair coupon. I do save them but I think it just expired.......will let you know if I find one for you

Lizzie Borden ha ringraziato salonva
  • Lizzie Borden
    Autore originale
    23 giorni fa

So sweet of you salonva. I did find a coupon but it is for first time customers so I cannot use it.

• salonva
    23 giorni fa

@Lizzie Borden use a different email! ( your husband's?)

• PRO
    Home Interiors With Ease
    23 giorni fa

Lizzie so excited!…try three of the larger ginger jars of different heights and shapes on your dining table in a cluster…you may not need to add any flowers only on special occasions.

• PRO
    Home Interiors With Ease
    23 giorni fa

Try these three large ones I have circled and add long floral branches in just the big one with no lid.

• cubby14
    23 giorni fa

We used a large cardboard box cut and taped into a circle to test out our large mirror. It was so helpful.

So happy you have decided on that big mirror, it is lovely and will look so good in the room. The table looks good and more proportional with that one leaf in. Great helpers you have.

Lizzie Borden ha ringraziato cubby14
  • kcooz07
    23 giorni fa

The table looks really nice that way and the ginger jars look so nice with your rug!

Lizzie Borden ha ringraziato kcooz07
  • Lizzie Borden
    Autore originale
    23 giorni fa

Salonva, it worked in DH name 😊👍🏻.

The mirror has been ordered and it is expected to arrive 4/11. I requested installation on 4/12. We shall see!!

Julie, One of the three items you circled is a stool in the photo with the ginger jars. I have a photo of it below. I placed the other two together with a smaller one. Not too good, those flowers have to go. I like the inspiration photos you show and I think I may get some tall white artificial flowers and place in one of the jars to see how it looks. The jars look larger in person than they do when I see them in this photo.

Hi Cubby. Thank you to all for being so, so helpful.

• PRO
    Home Interiors With Ease
    23 giorni fa

So funny I thought it was a big vase☺️..its a garden stool! the three you have look very nice you just need tall long floral branches for the ginger jar with the flowers in it.

• PRO
    Home Interiors With Ease
    23 giorni fa

Kinda like this maybe even a tad taller..

• Lizzie Borden
    Autore originale
    23 giorni fa

Sounds good Julie. I will visit Michael's for long floral branches.

• PRO
    Home Interiors With Ease
    19 giorni fa

How are things going? any update in the mirror? Wanted to pass along the best way to hang heavy mirrors and wall art…I love them they come with a built in level too.

• Lizzie Borden
    Autore originale
    19 giorni fa

Hi Julie, the mirror came late this afternoon. We will open it tomorrow. 😊😊

• PRO
    Home Interiors With Ease
    19 giorni fa

Wonderful!

• Lizzie Borden
    Autore originale
    19 giorni fa

I am a little afraid of how big the box looks. We will need to get my son in law to help DH. On Wayfair we checked off for a handyman from Angi to come this Saturday. It was cancelled because they have no one in my area to send. So lets hope we can get dear SIL.

Looks like we will get that device from Hangman. Thank you Julie!

• PRO
    Home Interiors With Ease
    19 giorni fa

I am sure it has packing around it…no worries it will be big and beautiful!

• justcallmepool
    18 giorni fa

go big or go home!

excited to see it :)

Lizzie Borden ha ringraziato justcallmepool
  • Alice Edwards
    18 giorni fa

I’m excited too! 😃

Lizzie Borden ha ringraziato Alice Edwards
  • Lizzie Borden
    Autore originale
    18 giorni fa
    Ultima modifica: 18 giorni fa

Hi @justcallmepool, @Home Interiors with Ease, @Flo Mangan, and all dear Houzz friends. I think I may have to disappoint. The sunburst has many imperfections. Scratches would be minor; but there are broken pieces of wood that are noticeable.

What I preferred about this sunburst was the wood rather than metal. It seems a lot of the wood is damaged. More than what I have shown here. 😔😔

• Lizzie Borden
    Autore originale
    18 giorni fa

Thank you Alice. I am disappointed. I feel I let you all down. I won't give up finding the perfect piece and would appreciate guidance.

• printesa
    18 giorni fa

Sorry to hear that..that does look damage. I hope it's not too difficult to return, though it's always a hassle

Lizzie Borden ha ringraziato printesa
  • Lizzie Borden
    Autore originale
    18 giorni fa

@printesa Hi Printesa, some scratches I would have expected and would probably be able to buff out or not even notice them once the mirror was hung. But there are about 5 points where the wood is chipped, missing, or broken. We would have to have it picked up at our home rather than drop it off to Fedex. This wouldn't fit in either of our cars.

• printesa
    18 giorni fa

I saw the chip you posted and it looks bad..I wouldn't have accepted it either. I hope the return goes smoothly.

I wonder if you could find something similar at Home goods or anything similar to that..that way you would be able to see the actual piece

Lizzie Borden ha ringraziato printesa
  • Lizzie Borden
    Autore originale
    18 giorni fa

Printesa, I would really prefer that. I do have a Home Goods and Home Sense nearby. Kirkland is also maybe 30 minutes away. It is easier to buy when you can see the piece in person.

• Alice Edwards
    18 giorni fa

Oh my Lizzie! A lot of damage really and the points broken, that is un fixable. I’m so sorry 😔. Unfortunately it happens. If they pick up, just let them and be done. Move forward :). Call vendor and get all damage in photos. At least you have a large sunburst piece in house to get an idea if that’s the route you want to go. I imagine there is nothing in your home tall enough to prop it up on at that wall to get a vision while you have it there? Is it extremely heavy?

Lizzie Borden ha ringraziato Alice Edwards
  • PRO
    Home Interiors With Ease
    18 giorni fa
    Ultima modifica: 18 giorni fa

Contact customer service right away send photos..they will arrange pick up and replace the item until it is right…best to talk directly with them before trying to return…I had broken glass on some art and they sent new within a few days and just had me keep the damaged item..sometimes not worth them taking it back.

• PRO
    Home Interiors With Ease
    18 giorni fa

It is so pretty dont give up!

• Lizzie Borden
    Autore originale
    18 giorni fa

Alice, it is very heavy.

I won't give up Julie

• Lizzie Borden
    Autore originale
    18 giorni fa

Will do Julie

• Lizzie Borden
    Autore originale
    18 giorni fa

DH and I will be visiting friends in DelRay Beach very soon, so we won’t be ordering anything til we get back.

This is my first air flight since 2019. I will soon be very anxious. I am going to focus on packing and what to carry on to distract me from my claustrophobia. I have a good book to read, my ”i pod” with meditations and music; and in case I could sleep I’ll be briging an eye mask. If anyone has any good ideas for me, feel free to share. JetBlue has been kind enough to seat us in the 7th row. We have a 6:00 a.m. flight so hopefully no traffic up there. 😊

• glschisler
    18 giorni fa

Aawww that’s too bad about the mirror. I hope you were able to contact the seller today to arrange the return.

Enjoy your trip! How long is your flight, and do you have to change planes? I find that to be the biggest stressor.

Lizzie Borden ha ringraziato glschisler
  • Lizzie Borden
    Autore originale
    18 giorni fa

Hi gls, it is a short flight 2.5 -3 hrs. from Newark to FLL. I need to get back into flying again so I thought I'd start with a short flight.

• PRO
    Home Interiors With Ease
    18 giorni fa

just be sure to have great earphones…I love Audiobook!

• salonva
    18 giorni fa

Oh sorry about the mirror. I too had a problem with a wayfair furniture order several years ago. They're reputable, but they weren't easy to deal with for return or credit. We were worn down and the damage was not as pronounced as your mirror, so we accepted a price adjustment.

Have a wonderful trip ! I don't like flying, but I do it because I do love to travel. You're doing the right thing with starting to address it. Enjoy the trip!

• Lizzie Borden
    Autore originale
    ieri

Hi @salonva, We are back and had a wonderful time visiting dear friends.

I am glad too that I flew. I may never "like" it; but like you, I do like to travel.

Wayfair thankfully refunded us in full and we had Fedex come to pick up the damaged sunburst mirror.

Now I am back to finding a companion for my dining room wall. I think it was meant to be that the mirror didn't work out.

I am posting something simple I found on Ikea's website. I would love to hear opinions/advice regarding it. Shown here are 1 rattan mirror 21 3/4"; 3 wall plates made of sedge 15 3/4" each;

a mirror 16 1/2" and another mirror 19 5/8".

I like the idea of small mirrors combined. I like the natural, simple look of it and think it may compliment the artwork.

I have seen other posters use baskets on their walls for decor. I would not prefer baskets although I can see the material is similar.

I myself and not artistic enough to figure out how to arrange them and I don't think I would need all of them. Just thought maybe this might work and I welcome advice. :))

In the meantime, I will keep looking.

@Beth H. : I'd love to know your thoughts.

@Flo Mangan @Home Interiors with Ease

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    ieri

So glad you had a great trip! Sorry for the damaged mirror. I like the concept of a grouping of mirrors. Perhaps ones that are a little more refined. These seem too casual for your room though. I can look around. Bbl

Lizzie Borden ha ringraziato Flo Mangan
  • happyleg
    ieri

Oh I love those mirrors and round decor

Lizzie Borden ha ringraziato happyleg
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    ieri

Here are a few I found in quick search. Look around on Etsy. Many options. https://www.etsy.com/listing/1680995282/ornate-gold-convex-mix-collection-of?gpla=1&gao=1&&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping_us_e-home_and_living-home_decor-mirrors&utm_custom1=k_CjwKCAjw57exBhAsEiwAaIxaZrQtKq0RvL3awd8AbN2LcCU-giCrVRtQovLqxr1V4S3WCJPv_9PZsxoCNakQAvD_BwE_k&utm_content=go_12563207656_123128361321_507233834294_pla-303532447839_m__1680995282_12768591&utm_custom2=12563207656&gad_source=1&gbraid=0AAAAADtcfRLVmR3mQd2ViyJmp9bJ8EuWP&gclid=CjwKCAjw57exBhAsEiwAaIxaZrQtKq0RvL3awd8AbN2LcCU-giCrVRtQovLqxr1V4S3WCJPv_9PZsxoCNakQAvD_BwE

• Lizzie Borden
    Autore originale
    ieri

Hello Flo and Happy. I thought they might be too casual. I too like the idea of grouping mirrors as long as someone shows me how 😊.

• PRO
    Home Interiors With Ease
    ieri
    Ultima modifica: ieri

So said to hear you didn't have them send another Fab mirror..I think it would have been beautiful. A grouping of mirrors is a very eclectic look..I think your home has a more refined mix of mostly traditional style…have you thought of doing the other beautiful piece of art you liked? Maybe three matching mirrors hung side by side. I will keep my eye out for other options.

• Lizzie Borden
    Autore originale
    ieri

Thank you Julie, I would appreciate seeing what you might find for me. I would prefer something other than art on the opposite wall. I like the idea of a group of mirrors.

• Lizzie Borden
    Autore originale
    ieri

Flo, that was quick. Thank you. I will check out the link.

Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".